Why do all the articles on Penske going to ford leave RGM out of the Dodge Mix?

Penske's departure is a serious blow to Dodge, given that the carmaker isn't affiliated with any other teams on NASCAR's top level. The manufacturer is slated to unveil its 2013 Charger before next week's race in Las Vegas, but as of now has no team to field that vehicle next year.

Views: 6581

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess looking at it this way Robby should just s&p every fucking race and never worry about getting any better instead of even wasting his time trying to get investors.

They won't cause it all boils down to popularity . Look at Dale Jr he doesn't win races but is popular cause of his name and sells products , Danica again popular but no performance It's all a matter of whos the fans favorites . Yes Robby is popular with us but how many of us 1st heard of Robby not from NASCAR but from offroad , Indy or any of the other racing Robby does . 

@ Carl Abrams, relax, Im stating facts.

DO you guys remember how Robbys stock rises when he had even remote touches of success? For the first year or 2 of him owning his NASCAR team, they constantly talked about him being the best single car team. He always had mentions even though his results wernt great.

Danica and Jr are 2 flukes, if Robby would get a few top 10s in as many races, theyd be talking about him a LOT more.

Look at Trevor Baynes win last year, he was the most popular driver for a few weeks, wasnt he? still no sponsor.

You still need results to get sponsor money, that will never change.

I was never dis-crediting any facet of this point.

All I was attempting to say is that I personally think that Dodge would not be any worse off and in fact be getting a very valuable asset in investing in RGM.

As for using NASCAR to sell SPEED that aint going to happen because the modern day NASCAR fans have their heads so far into the media driven bullshit that all they know about Robby is that the NASCAR world as you said earlier has NO RESPECT for Robby Gordon.

whatever happens, happens. ]

I guess I will just zip the lip because all I can say from here will be construed as me being a negitive dick.

And no TOG this statement is not pointed at you.

No Carl I'm not taking this the wrong way at all , and I do see your point .  I'm just stating facts NASCAR is not Robby's TRUE world . You stated yourself that Robby is an OFFROAD GOD and YES THAT'S VERY TRUE ! So why not use the dipshits at NASCAR for exactly what they care the most about MONEY . If Robby running a few NASCAR races helps him to not only run offroad but helps sell SPEED then I for one am happy to see Robby s&p . I say this for one reason we all know that if Robby had Hendrick , Roush  or Childress type equipment he'd win races in NASCAR as well . Look how good Robby did in the 31 car , look how good he does at road courses where things are more equal . Popularity gets the money . Again look at Dale Jr he's in the best equipment out the but when's the last race he's won . It doesn't matter cause he brings in the money thru his name . 

No offense taken.
I am not here to create arguments I was just a little pissed to keep seeing all the shit about Penske leaving and every Media outlet that mentioned it not saying shit about the fact that Robby was in a dodge no matter how much the Nascar world does or does not like him.

I hope Dodge gets involved and RGM becomes a 2-3 car teams next year. I hope they buy a few engine builders from Penske and make great power on their own. These are my wishes and they are in both hands. :)

And this pretty much sums up the way I intended this conversation to go.

http://www.news10.net/entertainment/article/182380/37/Rock-guitaris...

Now for rock fans check this out.
This is a sad day in the music world.

Sorry Carl never heard of him . I'm more of a Bob Seager , Eagles , Poco , America & Bread  kind of guy 

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service