RG Fans---Just a thought. It would be so cool to see RG driving the #33 for Richard Childress at Talladega. If nothing else just to see what RG can do with top flight equipment/motors to compare against what we have at RGM. Maybe RG could pick up some information while in the garage area. I know---go ahead and blast my post---I admit it's a little bit crazy

Views: 5532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fact of the matter is unless your buying, Robby is not racing in NASCAR. He has funded it out of pocket alot longer than I thought he would and simply a stupid move for him to continue.

I am here in the eastern US (foothills of the Smoky Mountains) and find it quite easy to keep track of Robby (MINT, San Felipe, King). True, we do prefer road racing, but while following Robby for the past many years I have done everything to become more familiar with off-road racing and it is an absolutely fantastic experience to watch and learn. I am just jealous of our west coast fans who seem to have a little more access to Robby's live appearances. This is why I appreciate and look forward so much to when he comes around once or twice a year here in the hillbilly hills. Keep Giving them Hell Robby!!!!!!!

In the immortal words of Horace Greely " Go West young man " . Just make sure you STOP at the California border you don't want to go there. Believe me I know !

I agree with Rob. Someone here said to check Versus, so I checked then called cable. It's not available here. That's all that's stopping me from watching, but that's a biggie!

Vs is now called the NBCSports channel different name but same programming 

You sure are old to remember those names MJ. Did you just have a birthday or something?

At my age im just glad i remember lol . But seriously all my biggest memories are reading offroad magazines and watching what lil coverage was available back then , mostly ESPN coverage . Being a kid back then i thought it was the coolest . In fact that's the reason I'm such a big Robby fan cause his truck was the 1st one i ever saw . I can remember watching the old MTEG series . Thus all the great names I remember from that and the others from the magazines and stuff . I think the 1st desert race i saw on tv was the ESPN coverage of Baja ( not sure if it was the 500 or 1000 )

Heres 1 of my favorite videos . I can remember watching the actually ESPN telecast . This is back when Robby and Ivan were teammates , just listen to all the names mentioned in this clip . Its basically a whose who of offroad racing . Stewart , Evans , MacCachren , Thompson , and yes even Mears lol . I must watch this video at least twice a wk while i surf on youtube lol

http://youtu.be/PqtIL98li_Q

key point missing in this pipe dream of yours is that Robby has made it known his dislike of restrictor plate racing. While thinking of dreams...no I won't go there.

Someone may have already pointed this out, but RGM's plate cars are better than RCR's.

But RCR's will run the entire race...

not all of them;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service