RSVP Los Angeles Coliseum May 29, RG Special Announcement

Did anyone else get this? I am going to try and make it! Anything to support the movement.

SPEED Energy going global! and hopefully stadium off-road racing! Can't wait!

Views: 15492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jerr Dog the Coliseum is a great venue for this type of event i attended a number of MTEG events there saw the rolling stones, the Rams and the Raiders I also attended quite a few concerts at the memorial arena and I never had any type of issue. What people need to relize is this is an old arena and hasn't had a big name tenent for quite a few years so the facility is not in the best of shape go in knowing this. You are not going into a state of the art facility but if you can go old school and live with out all the creature comforts you are going to be in for one hell of a show this is the best venue for this type of event. as for the crowds and traffic this event will pull in a decent size crowd but nothing to compare with Roger Waters reviving the Pink Floyd The wall show. Saturday race traffic should be lighter then during the week and as RG suggested tailgating before the race gets you there earlier should spread out the traffic and make getting into and out of the area a little easier. As for parking fees I found for USC game's parking is $25 parking at USC is $7 it's not much of a walk I've done it.It just comes down to planning ahead and preparing yourself you'll have a great time I 'm willing to bet on it......Oh and this is first hand experience not sour grapes posted on a blog by someone who didn't plan ahead or research what they needed to know going in......just saying.

I have worked in this "getto" for over 25 years and have attended multiple events at the Coliseum, including building and racing cars in the MTEG events. And I live to tell about it. The area may not be the best, but tell me what is. Someone got shot lastnight in OKC......beatings at Dodger stadium. Im sure the list goes on and on. I for one am going and hope that anyone else that is local will come out and support RGM.

I've been there! done that! even worked a Springsteen concert back in the day selling T-shirts on a hot summer night (thats when they all come out) I'll be there with my kids too! yeah I know "on a School Night" REALLY!!! ...................................
Yeah REALLY!

I would still go if I could. But im going in for more back procedures. It appears my first surgery didnt go as planned.

been there & done that too! Bro, my back is much better now I can sleep thru the night with no Pain meds anymore.

Again bro ? You gotta find a better doctor you can't keep going under the knife like this . Your gonna be old before your time . 

Thanks for being a voice of reason. The area is definitely not the best, but U.S.C. is basically across the street, the California Science Center and Museum of Science and Industry are right there. There aren't tons of facilities like the L.A. Coliseum around. You only have to drive through the so called "ghetto" if you're coming from south of The Coliseum unless ones definition of ghetto is different from mine. I used to work as a teenager on Hoover and 55th and lived to tell about it. My dad worked at the same place when the Rodney King incident happened and he survived too. If you're going to go, just take the same precautions you would/should take any time you go somewhere new. Come in from north of The Coliseum (I-10 Santa Monica freeway) and you should be okay.

My wife and I and her brother will be there.

I will have Robby on my radio show, The Down & Dirty Off-Road Show Fueled By Speed Energy, Wednesday the 30th, the day after the announcement. Live at 9:30 AM at www.downanddirtyshow.com Should be an awesome interview, and with RG, it always is. :)

I grew up on 43 PL. and Hoover, worked Ram and USC games as a teen . The Coliseum grounds are large , does anyone know where this event is located ? Turnstile, tunnel end where to park security (lol)?

Looking forward to it Jim and thanks for getting the word out to the offroad community.

Ill be there in spirit

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service