On the video on the main page top center RG is being interviewd and he said he was filing a protest against Peterhansel for running over the motorcyclist is the river. Its gonna be cool to see what happens with that since it was clear on video for all to see.

Views: 3748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep!

Guys, can somebody please answer this for me... how in the F does something called a Mini win the longest and harshest race known to man? SMH

Well it is actually a BMW and they did enter five copies of the car to saturate the podium. Kind of hard to not win when the three fastest factory teams have pulled out of Dakar. 
Mitsubishi, BMW, and VW
They must be very embarrassed that a privateer like Robby can take four stage wins so far from them. 

The old 60s/70s Mini's were pretty badass when it came to Rallying, though I don't think they ever competed in Dakar back in the day (atleast with any sucess). Plus the Peugeot 205, Peugeot 405, Renault 20 & Citroën ZX make up 9 overall wins out of the 32 completed Dakar Rallys. So it's not like a Small car winning is an unheard of idea.

How is the poor smuck on a motorcycle or a slow car or truck ever to get a fair deal if people like Robby does not stick up for them.
maybe he is not doing for the right reason but that poor guy spent maybe all of his life savings to enter this rally and for petterfuckface to run him over in a rivver might have ment more to him and his family than Robbys misfortune in the raly. So screw you Nikal.....

Philip, I can grasp the point you are making. I can also see that you have presumed a number of things in order to make it. You've presumed the biker is a "poor smuck," and you considered the possibility of him spending his life saving to race the event. Whether he is a poor man or a rich man does not matter. Consider that the biker is not a victim. He can file a complain as well as Robby can.

Consider what happens when Robby files a complaint, they investigate, and the biker reports, "I'm fine. The guy right behind Peter-poke-a-biker help me, and I was back in the saddle in short order."

Personally, I'm getting tired of the anger vibe hear at the Planet. I so much appreciate what RGM has accomplished this year. Yes there are injustices to deal with, but so what? We deal with them as we proceed with our mission. Worthwhile missions do not get derailed by anger and revenge.

It is not hard to tell in the FRENCH ruled rally that , their is no rules but the French rules. I saw the video TIM and I saw the bike riders bike go underwater with him holding his hands in the air in protest. So until I see him on tv or vidieo saying he is ok with that I am saying that peckerface was in the wrong.

But I should not have said screw you nikal>>>> For that I appoligize.

Philip, Since you live in Canada I can assume you have very little real off-road racing knowledge and probably dont know what the Dakar or any major off-road event costs or takes to do. At least this is what I took from reading your last few posts. Without spending to much time going through my credentials I can assure you I know as much if not more then most on this site when it comes to off-road desert racing. If you would like to know my racing history please feel free to send me a PM.

With that said I can assure you their are no poor smucks in off-road racing. For one there is no money in desert racing, so you must have disposable income to be able to participate in this sport. And the guys and gals who do participate are all big boys and can handle their own. Desert racers dont need "Robby Gordon's" to to stick up for them. I would say a majority of racers respect Robby for what he does and how much he promotes the sport. But once on the track we are all equal, even if we race in different classes. I cant tell you how many times my slower class team has helped and supported bigger teams like Robby's and this is fact. If the motorcycle racer wants to he can file a protest with the ASO just as easily as Robby could. In fact his protest against Stephen would be looked at much closer compared to Robby's since he was the victim in the indecent.

So with all this said I accept your apology!

FYI, NIKAL is my go to guy when I need desert racing schooling,just say'n. Mike

Nikal is like an off - road encyclopedia lol

+1.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service