On the video on the main page top center RG is being interviewd and he said he was filing a protest against Peterhansel for running over the motorcyclist is the river. Its gonna be cool to see what happens with that since it was clear on video for all to see.

Views: 3748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,
I am writing in response to the actions and lack of respect shown by Stephane Peterhansel towards fellow competitors in this year's Dakar Rally.
In all of my years of watching Motor Sports I have never witnessed an individual treat those that they were competing against with the level of disrespect and total disregard towards the safety of those around them.
I can only hope that the Mini Motorsports Organization will take these actions as seriously as I do, and can for your Organizations best interest both Financially and Morally take actions that will protect you in the future.
I am sure that your Organization will not benefit from the negative publicity that you are sure to be subjected to should someone employed by you causing great bodily harm or even death to another individual. If this were to happen and it was made public knowledge that you were aware of these types of actions, and allowed them to continue with no form of reprimand for the said actions, I am sure your Attorneys can explain what the consequences could be.
Once again I can only hope that you will take action up and including dismissal of employment of this type of individual as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Carl Abrams.

All we can do is hope right?

And Yes I sent the same to Monster.

You know what would be funny... if somebody went to his Wiki page and added something about the motorcycle incident. Id do it, but I dont have the juevos.

I really hope RG does not file a protest regarding Stephen clipping the motorcycle. First off that is between the bike guy and Stephen. IMO it just makes RG look like a tattle tail because his rally has not gone how he liked. I think RG needs to take the higher road, deal with his own protest, win the protest and get his finish made official and then move on an prepare for the rest of this year and 2013 Dakar.

Now I am not saying put your tail between your legs and run. I'm saying dont forget how these other so called top racers treated you and go out next year and kick their butts. Talk is cheap and can really only be backed up with results. RG's results are going to be when he proves and wins his appeal. That alone will make the other drivers who spoke without the fact only look less professional. The bummer part is Mini is going to win this year and Stephen is going to be the 2013 champion. But lets hope with RG not making the podium that he can prove to Dakar that he should not have performance taken away from him in 2013.

I understand what you are saying but he called Robby a cheater..... well hitting the motor cycle would be attempted vehicular manslaughter .... I know this is a race but he could have reacted this was not a racing incident ... this was just someone having no class.....

+1 NIKAL

NIKAL, I agree with you. For one thing there is so much for Robby and team to be proud of. They have done a fantastic job. Sure there are things to be angry about, and there are things to not ignore, but Robby's predominant vibe should not be anger. Okay, for a day or two fine, but not for the remainder of the race.

I for one, loved seeing the smile on Robby's face when he told the ASA to kiss his ass. Sure he was angry, but he was also very elated to have such a fine stage.

I just love comment threads. I can counsel Robby Gordon and tell him how I want him to feel and be.

RGM is an amazing racing team, driver(s), and machines. Much to be proud of.

I first thought the same, but then again, he should have been penalized, which would affect Robby and the SPEED Team

http://www.x-raid.de/en/contact.htm

Here's where I went to let BMW know what I thought of their driver hitting a motorcycle rider while he was forging the river. I also mentioned that I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy a BMW if they want to race with no regard to other competitors lives.
Then I pointed out that USA is a very large market and they are getting lots of bad press right now on this issue. I concluded with the fact that Monster Energy is an American company and they can probably kiss their sponsor goodby if they want to have French drivers calling Robby a cheater to the worlds press. 
http://www.monsterenergy.com/ca/en/resources/contact/

Might be fun to let Monster Energy know that their driver has conducted himself with shame when he hit the motorcycle rider and then did not stop to see if he was ok

Robby is better than this - what's the point of filing a protest when everyone and their dog has seen the footage?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service