Traxxas is coming out with the Speed Energy version of the Slash truck this November.

http://speedenergyshop.bigcartel.com/product/traxxas-speed-energy-r...

Views: 25189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They need to get a pre-order list going.
I called Traxassand they said that if you want these for and show stuff you better just leave them in the boxes because he said that when they do these special promo type orders there are very rearly extra bodys or parts that can be ordered.
Just talked to TRAXXAS the body saddly WILL not be offered separatly and like Carl just stated they are very limited editions
Working on a new SPEED Energy Robby trophy RC project . I'm gonna REALLY detail this one out . Scale rollcage , lights , tires , wheels , everything . I'll post pics and details as I build . It's gonna be based off the HPI mini trophy truck . 

Heres a pics of what ill be starting with
guess what arrived at my door today lol LET THE PROJECT BEGIN

Heres some body off shots

Im using this pic as my blueprint
looking good... ill let you paint up a body "speed" style for my slash... and maybe for my ten-scte i just ordered too....
Scott
Its super easy to do . Its only 2 colors the main orange and black for the bed area . The " S " logo is done by tracing the size you need on to paper then taping it in place . Remove the overspray film if your body has it . Then take a Sharpie and trace the logo onto the outside of the body . After you have it done in Sharpie go over it with a Testors paint marker . Next take Saran wrap and tape it to the body to replace the overspray film . Next mask off the body area of the truck with either tape or i like to use liquid mask . ( if using liquid mask wait an hr or so to dry ) Apply the black to the g bed area and let dry ( its better to do a few light coats than one thick coat ) When the black is dry remove the inside tape or liquid mask and apply the orange ( again light coats are better than thick ) Once dry do the lettering with vinyl letters that you can buy at Office Depot . PRESTO ! instant SPEED scheme . The paints i used are Tamiya colors MP10 ORANGE and MP4 BLACK . The rest is just in the detailing you can use a Silver sharpie and do rivets and stuff like that , you can also paint the lettering on the tires with a white Sharpie . Hope this helps and good luck

Heres the logo i used to trace the " s "

just size it with the screen then use the light from it to trace it out
Not the Robby paint scheme yet but gonna use this body for just banging around with . It came stock like this but i didnt like it plus everyone has it so i stripped all the decals off and bought some FOX RACING decals from my local motorcycle shop . I came up with this

lol hope you all like . Im waiting on parts and stuff before i start in with the Robby scheme
Still looked to plain so i added some black and red striping

New body just arrived already just finished trimming it out

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service