I hate to be that guy, but for the sake of this site, I'm going to be.

I really love this site but I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with some of you. Now many of you may not like ExtenZe or just love cracking penis jokes. Believe me some of them are very funny, but have you realized RGM might not be able to run full races the rest of the year after Richmond without them?

What if people from ExtenZe read this site, and see that none of the members here take Kevin Conway seriously? Would they want to continue in NASCAR with a fan base like the one they are seeing here? Well that's to be determined and I'm probably reaching with that point at this time. At this point, Kevin Conway hasn't shown much, but I do believe he is improving. We all need to cast off our judgment until he and Robby get a chance to run full races with each other. Robby has so much talent I'm sure if he just breathes on Kevin he will be able to drive the car a little better.

So I would like to make a suggestion for anyone who cannot stand the sight of another S&P effort by Robby Gordon Motosports at Richmond. TAKE A WEEK OFF, WATCH SOME FOOTBALL, & REGROUP HERE FOR LOUDON. If things don't get better and you have the right to voice your opinions and leave. I'm all about keeping it real, but its unnecessary to keep picking on a driver who has the only goal of starting the car and parking it with no damage. Even though there are decals on the car, there is no sponsor til RG and Kevin can be at the track at the same time , so until then, everyone please relax.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PJ's job at Pocono was to start and park. Not wreck a primary car. Period.
In all fairness, PJ wrecked once in everything hes done for RGM in the past 3 or 4 years, so its kind of hard to bash on PJ for that.
I think we all want to see the #7 up front-it's just tough time's right now & you gotta do whatcha' gotta do! We all know there ain't much out there in the way of sponsorship, just gotta weather the storm and try to keep the door's open in time's like these- if you like seeing RG run around a Nascar track, this deal could be one of the best things to happen in a while!
Back to Garretts original point - you know Kevin is in the car this week, you know it's unpaid, you know Robby is not racing in cup. So, take a weekend off. Don't watch, don't come here and bitch about it. It is what it is, and when it changes you can come back and give your opinion.

We heard you. Just stop.
+1
+2
I'm with ya Garrett, good response on people not seeing the "Big picture!" Conway & Extenze is a great addition to RGM. It has the possibility to add so much: 1- Funds the 7 car for the last 10 races. Gives the 7 car a great chance of staying in the Top 35 (running Full Races the remaining 10 races is alot better than the few RGM had sponsorship for). 2- Give RGM an opportunity to run a 2-car team at select races and help gather information to build better cars. 3- Robby Gordon Motorsports can add "Rookie of the Year Driver" to their company resume (who cares how he won it, 10 years from now it will still say Robby Gordon Motorsports beside Kevin's name). 4- Gives the opportunity to have a fully funded car for 2011. 5- Sponsorship dollars allows RGM to hire more help and personel.

I do agree with TOG though on the Extenze jokes...they know what their product is and ALL jokes are expected. I'm sure Kevin understands the critisim also, he knows he hasn't come up through the ranks with a sparkling resume. But he is doing what he's suppose to do. I do expect him to only get better and if Extenze will stay with him and grow (insert joke here) it can only help RGM as a company.

Robby is one of the smartest business men in the garage...he plans to be racing (Nascar included) for a long time.

Good post Garrett!
I got your back, jackie
Kevin IS a rookie...give him some time and teaching from Robby. Let him learn. I would rather see that happen than see him get tossed aside like sooooo many other potentially really good drivers because they didn't go out and win their first time out. (Think Jack Rousch, Ray Evernham, and Rick Hendrick - for all their money, they don't develop drivers, they burn them up and throw them away before they get a feel for what they're doing.) For all the nasty remarks about his daddy's money, Paul Menard is getting better all the time.
Thanks for saying what I have been thinking: I have been screaming at my laptop for the last 3 weeks. Stop complaining or or get off, Armchair driving does not make you an expert.!!!!!!!!!
Also, I am sooo sick of the the jokes. I hate to be the woman that made this about women. It's not but I feel like ranting.
As some of you know, the jokes have led to people going WAY to far. I was a victim of such gross jokes. I was afraid to come back to the chat because of what happened to me. With that aside, I love the Planet! I'm not liking so much what the chat is becoming. Most of the men on the site are very respectful to the fact that there are very serious women race fans out here. A few, let just say are p_gs. Thank you to those who have been supportive to the women in the site.
Personally,I don't mind if there is a sponsor on the car that I don't agree with I just wont by the race gear. I also wish it didn't have to be the topic of every 4th conversation.
As for Kevin C. I respect RG's choices because he knows this business better than I do and it is his business to run. I trust he would not make choices that he thinks are stupid and unprofitable.
I hope my opinion don't get me kicked off.
Anybody ignorant to go to a fan site to get anything but critical response may want to remind themselves the original site was removed because frustrations couldn't be curbed. Three years later things are really no different, the frustration has grown while the fan base has thinned and races got trimmed back.

If anything was going to offended those guys, it was Speed Factory where they got mocked , ridiculed and if I recall right told they "dont belong on the track" by Gene.

If they need to read anything here to see what 99% of Nascar fans know is the writing on the wall, then perhaps surgery to remove kid gloves may be in order.
That's a good point......makes me wonder if that's why Gene got the axe.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service