March 15, 2012 (Charlotte, NC) – What is another form of racing that Robby Gordon can mark off his impressive list of racing series? If you guessed monster trucks, you guessed correctly. Robby Gordon Motorsports and SPEED Energy have formed a partnership with BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc., owner of the most well –known monster truck in the United States.

NASCAR and Off-Road racer, Robby Gordon, and BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc. have entered into a multi-year agreement beginning with the 2012 season. The addition of the monster truck, built at Gordon’s race shop in Charlotte, NC, will be the nineteenth chassis in the line-up of BIGFOOT trucks.

Gordon’s energy drink company, SPEED Energy, will be the co-primary sponsor of the monster truck. “This partnership with BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc. is a big step for our company. It opens the door to market SPEED Energy to a new demographic. Being featured as a sponsor on the truck is just one element to the relationship, we will also be selling SPEED Energy/BIGFOOT #19 diecasts, t-shirts, hats and other merchandise,” says Gordon. During the first year of the agreement the monster truck will be used primarily for display purposes. From there the truck will participate in events, with the possibility of Gordon being behind the wheel. “I’m excited about the opportunity to drive the SPEED Energy/BIGFOOT #19 monster truck. We built the truck a few years ago and we’ve played around with it, but actually competing in events would be a lot of fun,” Gordon remarks.

“We are really looking forward to teaming up with Robby and Speed Energy! Robby and Bob Chandler go back to the early days when both teams were Ford sponsored. Robby’s dynamic outlook and his racer’s mentality fit right in with the BIGFOOT way of life! Be on the lookout for a whole line of Robby Gordon’s Speed Energy/BIGFOOT #19 merchandise,” says Bob Trent, Vice President of Sponsorships & Business Development at BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc.

Views: 9630

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike
You think we should shoot him an email or msg to let him know whats up ?

that would be neighborly,would you do the honors

Msg sent

Heres some pics of the truck without a body on it just imagine it done up with the SPEED theme

Good to see RGM still moving forward pushing the Speed brand and creating new opportunities. The truck looks awsome I look forward to seeing it, I really like the idea of a Traxxas Hummer and Monster Truck!!......I think we all need to agree to refer to the new truck as the Speed Energy/bigfoot truck using the "m" word makes me nauseous....just sayin'

Well, Im not much of a Monster Truck fan, but Im excited about how this can help Speed... so cool

This is great news the wheels are always turning in this camp. I guess a SPEED ENERGY gutter boat is still pretty cool though.

I was thinking to get the word out about this new venture and to cross market the monster truck to the NASCAR fans, maybe RGM should put the BigFoot logo on the quarter panels next to the Speed Logo on the Cup car at the S&P races. Because I dont expect Jayski or any other other NASCAR media outlet to mention this new partnership. But it might get mentioned on Speed during practice or qualifying if the BigFoot logo was on the side of the car.

Great Idea

Better yet, maybe Robby could run the truck in the tri oval at some of the pre-race events.

I emailed Jayski, lets see if he puts it up.

Anything new like this is positive. I hope this really enhances the Speed brand.

I grew up watching the Bigfoot Ford and loved it (it was my favorite). I'm still a big monster truck fan and last weekend took my 6 year old son to the Carrier Dome for a big Monster Jam event. It was a sold out crowd of 42,000 with a sold out party in the pits of 15,000. In fact, my son and I have been to 6 monster truck events, 2 Feld stadium shows(awesome shows) and 4 local non Feld shows at Englishtown Raceway Park(fun but boring). Bigfoot was nowhere to be found. I told my son (the 6 year old who wears a Speed Energy shirt to school) that Speed Energy was going to be on Bigfoot. He asked me, "what's Bigfoot?" It hit me like a ton of bricks. I haven't seen Bigfoot for years either.

My son and I watch Monster Jam on TV every week and we go to Monster Truck events as often as possible and the kid doesn't know Bigfoot. Here's the question to ponder, if a future consumer of Speed Energy who watches Monster Jam and loves monster trucks doesn't know what Bigfoot is..... is Bigfoot still relevant?

I look forward to finding Bigfoot (not Sasquatch) and introducing my son.

Bigfoot will ALWAYS be relevant after all if it wasnt for them there wouldn't be monster trucks to begin with 

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service