Here is a running list of SST drivers, sponsors and other info, based off of announcements.

Active SST Racers SST Tracks / Details

Inactive

Race 1: Phoenix, AZ (Track Layout, Winner: Rob MacCachren)
Race 2: Los Angeles, CA (Track Layout, # Drivers)
Race 3: San Diego, CA (Track Layout, # Drivers)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SST Other Details

Views: 17246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Zoom, did you notice there's an exhibition event at Long Beach? Did you forget ISC and SMI would charge Robby to put on an Expo? Where would it fit in their schedule? Nascar drivers are not the begin all,end all.

Robby made a huge investment in SST. He needs to put money back in his pocket before he starts to think about giving money to charity. this is a business not the united way. I understand big names will help with publicity but Robby has to pay for all the trucks in the race. He would never get a return on that investment.

If he wants to put on an expo race that includes a nascar driver or two he should talk too tony stewart and do it at eldora add a few jumps on the already dirt track. It would add a new twist to the prelude to the dream (if it ever comes back)and he wouldn't have to deal with ISC SMI. (NASCAR ,INDY CAR, DRAG RACING, X GAMES, DESERT, SHORT COURSE SUPER CROSS, WORLD OF OUTLAWS drivers ETC...)

Maybe next year do it the night before the truck series comes there, would be the best publicity opportunity and bigger draw for Tony. Win-Win

IMO Nascar doesn't have the only big name drivers nor are they gonna want something that might take some of the lime light away from them. If you could get Nascar to agree I would think the Friday night before the allstar race would be the time to do it. I think if something like that was to be done get it as an event in the X-games, just reconfigure the rally course track.

With a few jumps added in a rally track would be a great venue for the trucks!

I wouldnt be surprised to see the SST do a demo on the rally cross course at the X Games in August. Robby was there last year talking to all the drivers about something....lol

X games would be awesome too.

I'm hoping that the SSTs eventually comes to the North East. I'm certainly not expecting it to come to CT, nor NY, but if it went as north as the dirt track at Charlotte, I wouldn't think twice about going. Unfortunately for me, I don't think there's enough interest here to support a SST show....But like the old joke goes;Two shoe salespeople were sent to Africa to open up new markets. Three days after arriving, one salesperson called the office and said, "I'm returning on the next flight. Can't sell shoes here. Everybody goes barefoot."
At the same time the other salesperson sent an email to the factory, telling "The prospects are unlimited. Nobody wears shoes here!" Optimism vs pessimism. I did see an advertising for Monster Tucks in Bridgeport CT, but not the Speed Energy Bigfoot. I've never been to a Monster Truck show, but if the Speed Bigfoot was there, I would go. Bridgeport's a tuff city though, so I'm surprised they would have it there.

I think if they could make a SST snow track that would attract if they could piggy back with a pro snowmobile cross event. Im from CNY and I agree unless you put it in the NY State Fair you may have a hard time getting the numbers you need to justify it. I would love for it to come up here though.

Dave and Brad the only place in NY they could have it would have to be NYC . No place here in Western would be big enough . I know Michael Martinez made the same suggestion and I said the same thing to him . The Ralph wouldn't allow it , and both the Niagara and Blue Cross Arenas are too small . I think the best bet for a event CLOSE to us would be the Rogers Center in Toronto ( the old Skydome for those not around here ) . In the mean time I'm just as happy to be going to the Atlanta event . I was even willing to drive across the country to NV to see an event . Dave I already gave you all the info but Brad it would be cool to see another northeasterner there , I'm sending you a friend request . Hope you can make it to 1 of the events .
Thanks mj, thinking of flying the family down to Texas to see the SST event and a rangers game. Oh what we will go through, to support Robby.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service