the official bake a cake and have a punch and pie party to bring back mean Gene thread

title is pretty self explanatory...we def Nead it.

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not going to kick a man when he is down.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Picture before a top 10 at Dover...
Cake...yumm..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
As if it would actually do any good at this point.....*sigh*
well, I think it would. Gene had a way of making the car work for Robby, something that was lacking last season, even with Greg Erwin working on the #7.
Gene was not a good crew chief. There was a reason he was shown the door almost immidiately at Wood Brothers earlier this season. He currently is working on the r&d team for Bill Davis Racing. That should tell you something.

Greg Erwin was the one that got away. Robby will tell you that.
Gene took the same cars Irwin was running 35-40th with each week and had Robby running 15-25 with a couple of top 10s how many top 10s Irwin have with Rob in a cot
GN is also the only CC ever to work at RGM that has a championship ring (2005 Ted Musgrave NCTS) not to mension about 20 wins. Your right he sucks dumbass!!
Greg Irwin prepared the only car RGM ever had capable of winning a no restrictor plate oval, the first Atlanta race in 2006.

How about you actually spend time in the racing industry before making any conclusions. I have, and have friends still there that will back my statement up. Not only that, I dont have to resort to name calling.

And to add, if he was so good why did he get fired at Wood Brothers so early, and why isnt he a crew chief anywhere else? Oh wait, he got fired from the team Harvick owns too. Yet somehow your going to justify his capability based on the truck series? Laughable
Gene is just too old school. Thats all. He is a good guy and most employees of RGM from last year will tell you they would work for him again ( not at RGM , some other place )
I said COT not the old car Greg's COT stuff was junk when he was at RGM. Gene quit the wood brothers because they did their testing with a druged out Jon Wood, he did not get fired nor did he get fired from Harvicks, How do you know I don't work in the racing Industry, my friend maybe you need to get your facts straight. I also know for a fact Gene had several places he could have been Crew Chief but went BACK to BDR because of freindship between him and Dave Blaney and Bill Davis so pal you need to get your facts together before we continue our little spat
Spat? Nah, I wont waste my time with an apparent Gene Nead groupie. The fact your so quick to talk crap about everyone including myself and Jon Wood speaks volumes about your intelligence. Also, how about you get your facts straight. The setup in the Dover car was from Greg Irwin, Robby will tell you this and is the first to point out its the reason the 16 runs so well at Dover.

Good luck with whatever it is you do.

For the record though, how many COT wins does Gene have? Because Im pretty sure Greg has at least one, oh yea and a car in the chase...

I actually met Gene and he is a really great guy, I just dont consider him to be a cup caliber crew chief, period.
Wrong again my friend the setup from Dover come from a Nashville test
that Gene Nead come up with after Greg had left. I was there pal I know
the setup on the 16 car came from the same place all of Greg Irwin's as well as Bob Osborne's and all the other team setups come from, That would be Roush's engineering staff as well as Fords simulation (its called FRAMS) all the the setups weekly are prepared by the engineers
and given to the Crew Chiefs as a package it includes springs, shocks sway bars. The guy who leads this engineering team up is Chris Andews. Same guy who sat in as crew chief when Bob Osborne was suspended. So you see my friend Greg is a people organizer at Roush not a setup guru. Oh yea you are correct Greg has 1 cup win in 2 years and made the chase with a team that was a Championship contender
2 years ago at a organitation that has won about 100 or more cup races
with untold resorces. I know Greg Irwin and have worked with him at RGM
as well as Gene Nead and I am telling you Gene was and still is a better crew Chief then Greg hands down if he had the resorces Greg has I bet they would be as good as his teamate Carl.
BigEd,
I sure don't know what you and Chris know but I do know that when Robby had Richard Childress telling him he better listen to what the CC said he was a lot better off than he is now. Robby needs somebody to tell him to shut up and drive that he can't fire or make so miserable that they want to quit. Life is too short to work for a jerk. Damn it, he did this to himself.
You guys that still work for him are saints IMHO.

BRR

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service