After posting the 20th fastest lap in practice, Patrick Carpantier failed to qualify with the 45th fastest lap in qualifying.

Carpantier is awaiting word on whether GEM will renew his option for next season. This will be the first race Patrick has failed to qualify for on speed. He missed (2) races due to weather cancelling the qualifying session, and a blown tire that ended his chances.

After failing today, I would think his chances have slipped away and Carpantier would be out of the #10 in 2009. GEM already had discussions with driver Ryan Newman.
With sponsors Lifelock, Charter Communications, and Valvoline taking a wait and see approach, a driver change might be necessary after today.

Could RGM become a satellite team?

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fuck satellite team - Robby should just snag the sponsors away from GEM.
Its on Foxsports about GEM signing Sorenson soon.
GEM can bite me.
Maybe GEM has the same feeling for Robby.
Who knows what's transpired between the two parties since January?
Sorenson will likely end up in the #10 car and more than likely, Dario Franchitti will move into the #41 Target. Chip would have open wheel drivers Juan Pablo Montoya & Dario Franchitti next year. Juan should be marketable as a Cup winner last year and 21st in points this year.

Still hearing Ganassi could merge with another team...RGM w/ Riggs?
Hearing State Water Heaters is looking at RGM (Dodge) & BDR (Toyota)...(Bill is supposively looking to sell his team so that could favor RGM) other teams also could be making a bid for the Riggs & State Water Heaters package (HOF Racing & Yates Racing).
many reports are coming out this morning saying Sorenson is heading to GEM. Patrick looks to be out or possible partial schedule.
So what are the odds... So far we have Sauter, Riggs, Villenue and now Carpentier all listed as potential second car drivers for RGM and let us not forget the Menards angle or the buy out of BDR or another single car team. Hell, he could also pick up a good Nationwide driver in Wimmer. All he needs now is someone to come up with about $40mil in sponsorship.
Reed Sorenson appears headed to Gillett Evernham Motorsports to drive the #10 car next year, according to Chip Ganassi Racing co-owner Felix Sabates. Sorenson, in his third year in Sprint Cup with the Ganassi team, said Friday that he did not have anything done yet for 2009, and Chip Ganassi Racing President Steve Lauletta said in a phone interview earlier in the day that they were still in talks with Sorenson. “From my point of view, his contract is over,” Sabates said. “I think Reed is today as good as he’s ever going to be. If somebody else wants to put him in a car, fine with us. We have a pretty good idea that he’s going to drive the 10 car. I wish him good luck.” A spokesman for Gillett Evernham Motorsports said the team had no comment. Patrick Carpentier currently is the driver of the #10 Dodge
Felix is always an asshole to anyone not doing anything for him... He's fucking little wana-be thug.
Fly is right about Felix. If you think he is an ok guy just look at what he said about his current driver and one of his current sponsors. I dont care who you are or how you feel. You dont say this crap to the public, you keep your thoughts behind closed doors. These comments make Ginassi look like the ass holes they are. Let's see them get another good driver or sponsor after this! Its not like they have company's knocking down their door to be on their cars! Heck they already closed shop on the #40 this year.

From SceneDaily.com

“From my point of view, his contract is over,” Sabates said. “I think Reed is today as good as he’s ever going to be. If somebody else wants to put him in a car, fine with us.

“Texaco was a great sponsor for a long time, but for the last year they really have been disconnected with the sport,” Sabates said. “They have focused on other things. We really didn’t get much support from them. The money wasn’t all that great.

“For us, it was a blessing that we can go out and find somebody who can pay us some real money.”

Sabates said he had confidence that the organization will find a sponsor.

“Texaco was a liability for us because out of loyalty to them, we weren’t aggressively looking to replace them,” Sabates said. “We kept hoping they maybe would wake up one of these days and decide they need to be in NASCAR. The company, I feel bad for them, they only made $6 billion last quarter.

“The Texaco management is disconnected from racing. All the new people don’t know what a race car looks like.”

The outspoken owner also indicated that people shouldn’t think that NASCAR should do more to keep sponsors. Chevron, in making its announcement, said it was leaving the sport to focus monies on more local and regional marketing efforts.

“We didn’t try very hard,” Sabates said. “If we had really thought that we wanted them to stay with us, I would have had [NASCAR President] Mike Helton and [NASCAR CEO] Brian France on an airplane flying out to San Francisco to meet with them. To me personally, it’s not a big loss.”
Fuck Armando Fitz. He royally fucked Joel Kauffman and Tracy Hines last year ( Hines almost went broke because of Fitz) . Good for Joel to get Fitz right by the balls . Fitz has had over a YEAR to pay Kauffman the little amount of money he has been owed.
Damn, have they EVER parted ways with a driver without getting sued? Kerry Earnhardt sued them and Sterling Marlin sued them and at least one other.....I forget who....and now Kauffman and Hines. Wonder if Robby got paid for his turn in the #22???

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service