Robby and his team are doing EVERYTHING right this weekend so far,and the results are showing. They concentrated on Qualifying on Friday,they were rewarded with a 12th place start.On Saturday, not only did Robby post a decent Happy Hour time of 15th quickest,he also has done something that he has failed to do as of late:MAKE A LONG RUN DURING PRACTICE! They took a 20 lap run , and I can't remember the last time Robby ran so many laps together during practice. Excellent job to the crew and of course to Robby,who looks like he has gone back to being a DRIVER this weekend, instead of trying to do the jobs of every employee on the team.

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please take into consideration Robby was running different lines in Happy Hour, seeing where his car worked best on long runs. Don't worry about his average speed. He will be fine on Sunday.
Great news TOG. Thanks for keeping us informed!!! I have my fingers crossed that the 12th starting position will be the boost the team needs!!! Let's hope for a great finish!
I like this though, we seem to have a plan right now, or at least are doing a good job on petending we do . Really I don't worry about practice time when they are doing things this weekend - in order - This week lookes like it has an ebb and flow and doesn't seem as frazelled as they have in the past. I like a qualifying settup run in the first session and focus on that. Then you spend 2nd practice trying second things and trying to find time. Then you use the last practice to bring it all together. that doesnot seem to be how it has been going lately,
I would hardly call it perfect but will agree that it is a damned sight better than what has been happening. This team needs a top 10 badly. That will go a long way to helping cure some ills they have been experiencing. Then if they could follow up with a top 15 at Bristol maybe they can build some momentum going into the Chase.

BRR
For what has happened with RGM lately, this has been a PERFECT weekend for them so far.No comparison.
I am back to trying to figure out what shirt to wear during the race! OK tomorrow will be a good day.
Couldn't agree more.
Awww, you just put the whammy on it, mate!
Well put sir.
So far, so good...........that's about as far as I will go.
Long runs in practice are a must for Robby. I hate when he is surpised about his car 12 laps in to the race.
12 laps...more like 2 laps!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service