Well, I just got home from the race. I left at about the half way point -- just couldn't take it anymore! It's hard sitting in the stands (without a radio) and seeing RG move up to like 15th and then start sinking quickly. What the heck happened? Can anyone explain to me?
On a brighter note, got to meet RG for the first time - he's as nice and personable as you all said.

One other thing - thought the paint scheme (wrap) on the car looked awesome at the track. It was really easy to pick out RG - even way across the track in turn 2!! The #7 Menards car looked SHARP! Wish it ran as well as it looked!

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kim, I feel the same way, we saw the first couple of laps here at home then left, by the time we got to the store (which is only 10 min. away) he was starting to drop. I wish they would change manufacturers and weed out the problems! It seems like they just keep on with the "We'll get 'em next week" but they are not solving the problems from the previous week.
NO NO NO...stay with Dodge! They have a new engine package coming soon. I'm telling you Dodge will be strong next year.

When Robby ran Chevy, they were having an off year. Robby swithched to Ford. Ford the had an off year and Chevy was back strong. This year Robby switched to Dodge. Dodge has been having an off year and Ford & Chevy are doing great. Stay with Dodge, get the new engine package and have a solid 2009.

Please don't switch again.
What happened? According to Robby, they lost their speed, lost their handling, and lost their fuel mileage. Never got any better until they changed a front shock with around 50-something laps to go and then started running some decent lap times but by then, as usual, it was too late.
Yeah, Robby seems to favor those paint schemes that can be easily picked out in a crowd. I do, too, since that seems to be the only way we ever get to see where he is on TV.
I'm glad I didn't go to be honest.
I'll tell you what happened. Walter happened. Again.
Bring back Gene!!!

Guzzo is gone. Robby should be bowing to Gene and asking him to come back. That man knew how to get at COT going.
Gene's over @ Rousch, having a pretty successful season with Biff. Like said, in the other thread with this flavor, the problem's not Walter. Robby would be hard pressed to get a better CC to work for him, with his budget,& turnover rate. Matter of fact, I give a lot of props to anybody with balls big enough to go into RGM, thinkin they can turn things around....without bringin a healthy checkbook with them (investor, not employee). I tell ya what, you wanna understand what EVERY CC @ RGM is going thru? Go get yourself an old project musclecar (I don't care what make it is), & build it for "PINKS". Oh, the catch is, you only have a $1000 budget. see how fast you lose your ride, & ask me not to say I told you so.
comparing a hot rod for 1000 bucks to a sprint cup car is ridiculous. For one, RGM has the money to build a quality car. We've seen them put a good product on the track, whether it was with Gene Nead or Greg Erwin, who is at Roush, not Gene. However, Walter hasn't done anything worthy of praise imo. They've run like crap almost every week since he took over.
glad i chose to go to the beach for the day!!!! i thought for sure he would have done better w/out me watching. lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service