The way his car runs in relation to Evernham cars makes you wonder. At Pocono Kahne was fastest while Robby was slowest. Indy is similar in setup and I dringe at thought of his car being underpowered.in comparison to other Dodges.

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well.....obviously you are now off the "Pit Pass" list..............

All in fun
I have told Robby to his face he blows at certain tracks. He has been trying to prove me wrong now for 5 years. LOL.
Joking aside.....I really don't know and I will word this PC....

What are the top 5 tracks that Robby struggle with?
"Pit pass list"... there is a "pit pass list"???? Well in that case:
GGGOOOO RRROOBBBYYY!!! (LOL!)
Well guys Chris hit on a few good points there, but keep in mind, theres only about a brazillion more variables on a race car. Each,& every one needs to be right,& massaged to be perfect. How bout them trannies(all parts of the trans.), gears, rear-ends, suspension parts, cooling systems....
I don't (& you shouldn't) expect to hear all the in's,& outs, but keep in mind, it's not as simple as we'd like to think.
RGM dosen't have the coin that them big boys do. They can't afford to buy the same shit, as the megas do. To top that, the shit they have isn't as disposable as the stuff on the mega's cars. To top that they don't have the $ to go testing everywhere the mega's do,& they don't have partners who are running the SAME parts they are to draw EXACT notes from. So RGM unloads a "ballpark guess" almost every week.
That being said, I think they're doin a fairly good job.
You want a bottom line, money. Thats it, plain,& simple.
That's it-Car racing in a nutshell, MONEY- heavy on the money, light on the talent-maybe not light, but you got the drift. It definitely ain't Motocross, where the ratio of money and talent is reversed, put Bubba on a stocker off the showroom, dial up the suspension a couple clicks, probably still smoke the field, but i'm drifting. I think RG is doing good for what he has, considering the current economy, I think there are more than a few, really well funded teams that would love to trade spots with him
well, blue ridge bob to answer your question ( which i am going to do without correct spelling and caps cause i am in a hurry... sorry) there is no simple answer, money is pretty much the quick and easy one though. our program is good, the people we have all 35 of us work well together, road with shop, hard fab with finish, paint with body hangers ect... you dont have that closeness with the big teams. our 1.5 program is just as good as our r.c. and s.s. program we have just had shit luck, many personel changes, part failures ect.... you figure every time a c.c. leaves it takes 6 mo. min. to cycle everything he did to make changes for the next. since walter has come we have run better with what we have and great with what we have converted for him. look for the second half to be a preview of how we will run next season. i know i am all over the map on this but there is no simple answer. i can tell you what we do have and that is good people, good cars, a good crew, a good crew chief and a good driver . jmo
Let's sure hope so, Chris. Would be nice to see the #7 competitive on a weekly basis
I agree Hank. Seems they clicked on something last time at Pocono that should help this time around. Indy, Pocono, and WG are some good tracks for RG.
I'm proud to hear you say Walter is doing so well. I really like Walt.
I really appreciate your reply Chris. Good luck this weekend pal to the whole team.

BRR
Practice starts on Friday !

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service