Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2012 Bristol #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify the #7 SPEED Energy Dodge into the field. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Tennessee track. UPDATE: Robby Gordon had to withdraw after the McClaren techs couldnt diagnose the problem with the EFI/ECU shorting out. Car would not start.

FRIDAY , MARCH 16th

Practice 12:00pm - 1:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying 3:30pm - 4:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , MARCH 17th

Practice   9:30am/et - 10:25am/et ( TV - SPEED )
Happy Hour 12:00pm/et - 1:00pm/et (TV -SPEED )

SUNDAY , MARCH 18th

Raceday 1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:15 pm/et ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Back In Black Scheme? YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Full Race? NO
5. Souvenir Hauler ? NO

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 19924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree 100% Slider

ARCA is looking pretty interesting these days with the superspeedways, road courses and dirt tracks.. too bad there's limited TV exposure for the series..

Look at ultra 4 racing. Best thing out there right now

The race rocks, dezert, PPIHC, and some smaller rallys

I do like it....old school and not jacked by ___ well you know what I mean

IMO....for myself,I feel Nascar has gotten out of control with miss guidance. TV ratings accompanied but stupidity and greed has just killed it for me. Dirt racing has revived my enthusiasm....With that being said ...Hope Robby races in the "Mint"

The biggest problem with nascar right now are the tracks. SMI ruined Bristol with the progessive banking, they killed Phoenix and all the new 1.5 mile tracks like Kansas, Chicago and Las Vegas are awful. Their are not enough old Bristols, Martinville and road courses.

Im not sure what everybody is gripping about. Fact is, you can compare the tv ratings and race attendance from 1999 to today, and youll see an increase. NASCAR track owners put too many seats in the grand stands, that looks bad on TV when half are empty in the worst economy since the great depression. Im not sure what TV numbers youre looking at, but theyre still incredibly strong. If they wernt strong, Id imagine FOX and ABC wouldnt be re-negotiating with such large dollar amounts.

In regards to the race day coverage, I will admit, theres absolutely something missing today, that was there 15 years ago. I remember more talk of the actual race strategy, talking of grooves, and car handling... that may be missing more today, or maybe I just dont get into it as much as I did in the 90s (I still love it though).

I will also admit that when the Chase rolls around, I get sick of hearing about the same 12 guys, but lets face it, those 12 guys are the guys getting results. I will put money down that if RG wins a Chase race (or even a top 5 or 2), he will be the big story for a good week or two (more if he continues). Everybody has short memories, do you remember the exposure RG had the first couple years of RGM? Constantly he was spoken of even though his results wernt up to the top teams. You get exposure if you get results, thats a fact. You dont have to be a NASCAR insider, or team owner to see that, you can just watch TV to see who theyre talking about.

One more point, the tracks; Im a RACE FAN, I like all racing... stick 4 wheels on a school book and Ill race it... Not all tracks or races are home runs. I remember them complaining in the 90s that nobody could pass at certain tracks, and guess what, the truly couldnt get up to the door. Does anybody remember the 1998 Daytona 500? Thats probably one of the greatest races in history... right? Well, go back and watch it again, besides the last couple laps, that race sucked... no passing!!!

I personally people just fell out of the ether... all the Johnny COme Lately fans who popped on board in 2001 are over it... and everybody else is just tainted by all the arm chair internet bloggers who pose as true journalists.

Anyone ever stop to think that maybe NASCAR is getting to mainstream . They're trying to cater to all these new fans . It was so much better when it was just a more regional sport . Most of these new fans wouldn't know Jeff Gordon from Robby Gordon ( I've actually had people ask if they were brothers ) . NASCAR is so busy trying to please the new fans that they've given up on the old ones . 
Ya MJ, that peaked in 2000 with the new tv deal

We live in an on-demand society. Why is football far and away the number one sport? There's stuff going on the whole game. You can go on Red-Zone channel and see a TD every 5 minutes. Why has baseball declined? Too slow, only a few interesting moments in a game. The game itself hasn't changed, the attention span of the viewer has. Same with Nascar. The hardcore fans follow their guy the whole race but the casual fan is bored.

So if the hardcore fan watches the whole race wouldn't it make sense to cater to us . Go back to carb engines , stock looking cars , get rid of the damn claw template & go back to the original template system . If a Ford is more aerodynamic than a Chevy oh well guess they shoulda built a better car . Put the race back in the drivers hand , not the engineers . Basically go back to the way it was in the 80s but still keep the safety innovations . 

I love the debate about what is wrong with NAZICAR, there's really no wrong answer. WARNING: There is no room on the road coarse band wagon.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service