Planet Robby

2014 Robby Gordon Racing Headquarters

Join in & discuss all the action of the 2012 Baja 500 on June 2nd. Robby Gordon will drive the SPEED Energy HUMMER , using the same 'no pitting' strategy as he did in 2011. Raceday chat will be available all day Saturday. Visit the 2012 BAJA 500 page for live tracking & other links.

Views: 4715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby Gordon starts 28th on Saturday.

can't wait! will see everyone here for the race!!!

I can't wait for the race....and the party Friday night!

Attachments:

Heading down in a hour

Party time in Baja....

I'll be at a wedding but you know I'll be here on my trusty IPhone lol 

Tough starting position ...lots of dust to race thru....Best of Luck to RG and the Speed Energy TEAM!!!

I am becoming a quick off road racing fan and in doing so I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the sport. How does Robby get stuck with the 28th starting position?

Luck of the draw.

Everyone entered before a certain date is put in a drawing for starting positions (by class) at Score races. BiTD has a qualifier where fastest time determines first 20 starting spots. After that it's draw for position also.

I'm with you Jay. I want to understand the sport, but am not sure where the best place to start is? I know nothing about it...any thoughts would be very helpful...

1 of the easiest way I know of to learn about the sport is to watch the movie Dust To Glory . As much as I know about desert racing watching it not only brought back great memories it taught me a few things I had either forgotten or didn't know in the 1st place . Another thing you can do is go to the OffRoad Hall of Fame website to learn more about the legends of the sport , such as Corky McMillen , Walker Evans , Rod Hall , Malcolm Smith , Sal Fish , Bud Elkins , Ed Pearlman , and one of my favorites Ivan Stewart . Here's a link to the Hall of Fame site http://ormhof.org/

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

deantac commented on ivanspeed's video
1 hour ago
Profile IconScott Murphy and Jeff Bottema joined Planet Robby
2 hours ago
ivanspeed's video was featured

Toyo Open Country – Durability In The Shape Of A Tire

Our entire line of Toyo® Open Country® tires are designed for durability and long tread life and are the surefire way to improve performance, from the ground...
2 hours ago
Xracer commented on ivanspeed's video
9 hours ago
ivanspeed posted a video

Toyo Open Country – Durability In The Shape Of A Tire

Our entire line of Toyo® Open Country® tires are designed for durability and long tread life and are the surefire way to improve performance, from the ground...
10 hours ago
tj replied to Trooper Blue's discussion Speed Energy at Menards
yesterday
mj replied to mj's discussion World championships at Crandon
Sunday
Jonathan replied to mj's discussion World championships at Crandon
Sunday
Daniel replied to Trooper Blue's discussion Speed Energy at Menards
Sunday
mj replied to mj's discussion World championships at Crandon
Saturday
Sandi Parker replied to mj's discussion RDC Gordini discussion