Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 9 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 9: Copiapo > La Serena

Connection 0 km | Special Stage 338 km | Connection 209 km | Total 547 km

Course Overview

The last day in the Atacama will be a good opportunity to make the best of sand and dunes: it is mainly on the first 180 kilometres that the difficulties will be gathered. The terrain being fairly open, the bikers will take off in lines of twenty. At this stage of the race, the leaders are clearly identified in each class but the podium can still change at any moment. In the same way, those who will have reached La Serena will certainly have covered the toughest part, technically speaking. A long distance will however have to still be covered with cold blood and taking it easily. For the amateurs, it is on these qualities that a Dakar can be played.

Views: 132

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes wishes can come true... Robby moved up to 9th overall today and easily could get to 8th tommorrow. Keep moving towards the front Team Hummer!
Exactly. Robby really doesn't need support anymore. The overall win, and likely thepodium, are out of reach now. RG should be trying for stage wins. A teammate reallyt isn't any help there. If you need a tow or a spare part, you have already lost too much time to win the stage. I think BJ will start at Laughlin.
Think positive!

Almost half of the starters are already out of the race. Stage 3 seemed to be the killer stage so far. Some good and well funded teams are out. Robby and BJ are still in it! An accomplishment in and of itself!

Robby moved up one place today - that is good news!! 9th out of 140 starters! Top 6%! Not too shabby at all.

In the Open category, there were no surprises as American Robby Gordon (Hummer) was triumphant for the 8th time out of 9 stages in the race. OK - I know....... But still - focus on the positive!

It could be better, but those VWs are the top of the field this year. I am very proud of the RGM team! Look at all the good publicity and interest they are generating. Gas on!!
I am getting sick of people getting all pissed off and giving up and saying he doesn't stand a chance. He has won a stage, and on a couple of other stages he has lead at times only to lose it due to bad luck. The other guys have not had much bad luck except for Peterhansul who has been kicking ass in almost all of the stages but look where he sits. These are the best of the best and this is the toughest race in the world. Robby is ninth, and who knows where he will be by the end. Focus on what he has accomplished and not what he hasn't. Look at what he has done in just a few years, Hummer with no support truck to 3 Hummers and tons of support. We should at least give him all of our support through the good and the bad.

Keep on Charging Robby!!!!
I'm not pissed off , and I haven't given up on Robby . He's competing against the best drivers , in the toughest race there is . So he's had bad luck , he's no stranger to that . He'll be fine , and he has plenty of support from his fans . I can't say that I've seen or heard where anyone has given up on him , so maybe that part of your statement isn't true . Besides , if anyone has given up , then maybe they aren't truly Robby's fans , and he's better off without them .
If you read a few pages back people are talking the same ol Sh$%*.
I agree with Doug. Sherri nailed it.
It wouldn't be the Dakar Rally if it was easy and problem free. I'm sure Robby knows this and so do his fans. He's had bad luck but he's also had tremendous success. There's been a lot of positive press about him and the Hummers, even when he's having some difficulties. I'm excited about the remaining stages and can't wait to get home and turn on my computer. We all need to send positive energy. He's going to do fine.
Blain, I haven't given up. My problem is for every problem they have , my mind is racing for a solution (yes, nights of little sleep and I don't even have input) this is RACE'N for 2 f'n weeks strait. My hats off to the crew. Mike
Mike, Blain, I too have not given up either...every stage is a chance to win one or learn something for next year.
Anything can happen....those VW's, BMW's, etc. all look the same bouncing around in Chile / Argentina like a supper ball in a rubber room. When the big hummer goes through the same thing, it has little or no bounce...the suspension just works!
To bad Robby can't run special "Toyo" tires like all the VW's do, whatever they are running.....I am not going to say which ones.....as they are special just for this race.
Just wait till RGM figures it out.....Look out!!
Even with the bad luck and mechanical problems, look at it this way: I'm sure there are some who have been racing Dakar for YEARS and have never won a stage, never had a podium finish, probably never even FINISHED, period. In the few short years he's been doing this, Robby has accomplished a LOT.
That being said, jump back in tomorrow, boys, and Haul Hummer Azz!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service