As of 12-4-12, there has been NO ANNOUNCEMENT from RGM about it's plans for the upcoming 2013 Dakar Rally. The entry list at Dakar.com is NOT the final entry list. With the rally starting in Peru ( instead of Argentina ), it's almost 3,000 miles closer than past rallies for shipping the vehicles. I believe we should hear something official very soon. Keep in mind some of Robby's 2012 Dakar plans didn't take shape until late November / early December 2011.

Views: 14172

Replies to This Discussion

It's Hummer Time Baby
Gotta say if Robby doesn't do Dakar I won't be all that disappointed . Yeah I like following him during it but will always support Robby no matter what he does . I really think Robby needs to concentrate on all his stuff here in the states ( SST BITD and either TORC or LOORS . Dakar and ASO are doing to Robby the same thing NASCAR did . By making it so the privateer driver doesn't have a chance .

I think it will REALLY suck if he doesn't. He NEEDS to do Dakar. His brand is too important to miss it.That simple....Pretty safe to say you are alone on the island of " I won't be disappointed if he misses it"

+1 It's the only event of the year he can promote his brand to a global audience.

+1

It would really suck if he doesn't, but I believe he will. TOYO is a huge supporter of this race for RG, so he is GTG!

speaking of TOYO, has everyone notices TOYO's on the Nasser buggys,other 2wd buggys?

+100
I agree, the Dakar is now RG's brand, not NASCAR. It would be a huge disappointment if RG is not in Dakar. I remain optimistic.

Thanks TOG, I agree with you man.

I think if he doesnt do Dakar ASO will be very happy, they dont want him, But if instead of that you race and even win they can kiss your ass...

I disagree. Like him or not, the ASO knows Robby and the Hummer have become a crowd favorite. Robby is good PR for the rally. You don't hear people yelling "Mini! Mini!" when Peterhansel is approaching do you?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service