Why do all the articles on Penske going to ford leave RGM out of the Dodge Mix?

Penske's departure is a serious blow to Dodge, given that the carmaker isn't affiliated with any other teams on NASCAR's top level. The manufacturer is slated to unveil its 2013 Charger before next week's race in Las Vegas, but as of now has no team to field that vehicle next year.

Views: 6580

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Same here, really hope Ralph Gilles sees what the rest of us do in RGM. Dodge can reach a lot of fans, in various forms of motorsports, all from one shop.

I bought a Charger ONLY because of Robby! I bought it a week before Christmas, again, JUST BECAUSE OF ROBBY! Yes, I've also purchased Speed and have a Speed tag on my site... you can
See it here
Just doing my part...I think he's the BEST!!!!

Random fact, unless it's my iPad, you need to fix the Speed link on your website, it's not working. Very cool of you to do this though!

Thanks Drew...it's not your ipad, it's my link,,,,

worked for me.

cool you have that up there

Thanks for every ones help pointing that out...it would be a waste if it was there but not working. Should be working fine now. It's amazing how many people checked it out! From Cali to Maine...If your company has a site, ask to put it up, it costs nothing but it's all part of the Gordon puzzle!

I sent a email to Wind Tunnel directed to Ralph Gilles, letting him know what a great opportunity he has in front of him with Robby.

Let us all here at the Planet do what we can to help Robby, thanks deantac..

I hate to be a wet towel however I think the "which team" topic is going to be touchy. If there were mentions that "a team such as RGM could be an option" or "We are considering all options" or "This is something we will be addressing in the near future" ETc.EcT.... I think we will all be right where we are now............................. still wondering. What I would like to hear is not what I'm going to hear that I feel is the truth.

We all need to write Ralph Gilles. To contact Ralph Gilles you need to go through one of his assistants. Here are their e-mail addresses. Let's tell them what we think about Robby. He is 40 something in points and yet he has one of the biggest groups of fans in NASCAR. This could help him a ton.

dianna.gutierrez@chrysler.com and dan.reid@chrysler.com

Bruce I emailed Dan yesterday, and he wrote back a couple hours later thanking me for my email and interest in Dodge racing.

Scene Daily has an article regarding RGM and their hopes to get more support from Dodge.
http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Robby_Gordo...

Robby Gordon obviously could use more sponsorship in any form, so if the Penske Racing move from Dodge to Ford in 2013 helps him, he’s all for the additional support.

As a driver and team owner, Gordon has run Dodges the last four years in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series. He gets his motors from Joey Arrington’s Race Engines Plus.

Gordon believes he has an advantage over other teams possibly looking for Dodge support because his team builds all his own cars. He doesn’t have an alliance where he gets cars and engines from another organization.

“We are a company that can actually manufacture cars,” Gordon said last week at Phoenix International Raceway. “We might be sitting in the right place. … As far as shop organization goes, we have got all the tools to build all our race cars – we have everything in-house to do that while a lot of these Cup teams don’t have the tools to do it.”

Gordon, who has successfully qualified for the first two races of the season after finishing outside the top 35 in 2011, plans to field a car in every race this year, but whether he will be the driver and how much of each race is run, due to finances, is still to be determined.

His only funding comes from some Menard’s sponsorship, from Dodge and whatever profits he can bring from his Speed Energy drink.

Dodge helped with sponsorship last year with the movie “Fast Five” for select races. Gordon said he gets some engine parts and bodywork parts as part of his Dodge deal.

“If I had a [full] factory program in place, I’d show up and drive all the races,” Gordon said. “Right now, I’m trying to figure out how to fund this thing. With Speed Energy, that’s been about the only way I can build a business that actually can turn some profit [for sponsorship].

“I have to focus on that, too.”

When asked if he needed to start looking at other manufacturers, Gordon said he believes Dodge’s business is coming around and he likes the vehicles.

“I love Dodge,” Gordon said. “I’ve had a good relationship with these guys. They’ve always had the Penske organization. I don’t know if they’re going to choose us. Time will tell if they choose us or if they have to choose a big name.”

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service