"Dodge have unveiled their new-look 2013 car, but as yet have not aligned with a top-tier team and will run just one car with Robby Gordon if they can't find a team". Fox Sports

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/nascar/marcos-ambrose-may-...

Views: 2315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since this is a Robby Gordon fan site. Robby has 'CUP' cars not trucks. How much would it cost to build trucks? how much are engines? does start money cover the cost of tires and towing to the race? NO so , this has been covered so many times.
Things are quieter here becouse Robby's schedule has lighted up and doesn't include putting money in Brain France's pocket. You might want to get over the fact Na$crap in any form isn't the first priority in Robby's life.

Mike....you weren't being rude, therefore, I wasn't directing that at you. Also, how much has that monster truck cost, and what revenue is that bringing in? Truck engines are the same 358 c.I. with a lower compression ratio. The Series is set up to be cost effective and is quite frankly more entertaining. Last, you're preaching to the choir about NASCRAP to this old Jimmy Spencer fan....10-4?

Yo Dogg, It was meant as more of a heads up than a correction. Thus the fine print as I know there would be several that would jump on you in all CAPS.

If I'm part of the 'elitist' posse you're referring to...water off a duck's back.

Thanks....and sorry....yeah I was including you, but see the errors of my thinking on that subject. I really have enjoyed the CWTS races I have been to (Talladega, Martinsville, Charlotte, Darlington, Kentucky, and Bristol) more than the Cup or NWS races I have been to at eleven tracks. Big names mean nothing to me, it's all about the show. Probably should have addressed another poster .....sorry.

Robbie is a girls spelling... thats why Jimmie Johnson is a girl :)

5 Truck starts
1994 Supertruck Winter Heat 200 #1 = P15 (out of 16), DNF because of Engine problems, $850
1996 North Wilkesboro = P13 (out of 36), Lead Lap Finish, $4,400
1996 Las Vegas = P6 (out of 40), Lead Lap Finish, $16,300
1997 Fontana = P30 (out of 36), DNF because of Engine problems, $5,900
2004 Bristol = P4 (out of 36), Lead Lap Finish, $11,450

Wouldn't even cover the tire bill

But, but, but surely Dodge would step up if Robbie dropped down to trucks where the racing is better...

I'm crawling back under my rock now, somebody wake me up for Baja

More juice pressed from the grapes of wrath..................I love it. Nothing short of failure in the quest to rise above it. Press onward upward forward and backward if it don't seem to fit just........shove it. A pin better fit in a hole it does not belong can't be wrong if it fits it must. That is to say er to say that is we be better off dodging the question. The drone I sent to check things out was shot down and reverse engineered and now only sends back these weird puzzles. Must be something big brewing like a bowling tournament on a dead end street, where even the winner loses money due to the cost of equipment. However if Dodge were going to be a "Player" the best idea would be to wait and see.

Your drone was well conceived but a bit complicated. L2+B+R1+(I don't remember) to bank right - or was that to fire the square peg into the round hole....

Grapes of Wrath. I've always thought that would be a great name for a budget brown paper bag wine.

Kenny Wallace provided a great breakdown of the cost of racing in Nationwide Series last April:

"We lease motors from Triad every week," he said. "Depending on what program you use, that's $25,000-$35,000 a week, per engine. Let's say $30,000 a race for a motor lease. That's the way it is, no way around it. If you're going to run in the top 20, you need six sets of tires. That's $1,900 a set, so that's $11,400 a week. When you leave the shop, you're out $41,400 for six sets of tires and one motor. Period. That's the truth and that's the way it is. People just don't [expletive] get it.

"OK, let's say we're going to go to Texas. We'll take our crew members and fly them there. Then we have hotel rooms. If we take and we get 10 rooms, times $200 a night for three nights, that's $6,000 for hotel rooms. We don't have the choice to get the $99 a night rooms because they jack the prices up. Let's go 10 crew members times 500 bucks for plane tickets. That's $5,000. For hotel rooms and plane tickets, that's another $11,000. That's just to travel.

"Our payroll: let's say we have 12 crew members, which is as little as we can get away with. Ten crew guys, a secretary and media person. Let's just be silly and give them $600 a week, so that's $7,200 a week. I've got to build a race car. We have to build this new car, because it's 2011. It's $70,000 for a new car. So we build six new cars, that's $420,000, divided by 34 races equals $12,352. So that's almost $72,000. We have the shop rental, we've got expenses like you have at home. Here's what we say: The lowest we can race for is $100,000 a race."

Source: http://www.nascar.com/news/110406/nationwide-costs-economy/index.html

So to summarize that:
$30,000 for engine
$11,400 for tires
$6,000 for hotel
$5,000 for crew air fare
$7,200 for crew pay

I'll leave off the car part and shop rental because that will vary by team, but the figures above total $59,600. The second place finisher at the last Nationwide race won $56,525. So unless you won the race, you lost money if you raced "right" and came out of the box with the intent of being competitive without a true sponsor.

You can't argue that there wouldn't be some value to a "sponsor" like Speed being competitive in either the NW series or truck series. NW is averaging 2.6 million viewers this season and the truck series has had as many as 1.8 million viewers this season. However, would it really be worth it???

Very interesting, thanks for posting that. I look at guys like Billy Ballew, Turner Motorsports, etc....and think, why bother if it don't pay? They aren't running developmental programs like Childress or Roush. They MUST be making money, otherwise, why do it? As for Robby being there....I think the hard charging, fast paced racing would suit him. Ain't like it's gonna happen, but an interesting proposition, nonetheless. Personally, I'd like to see Robby in a WOO Sprint or Dirt Late Model. Now THAT would be entertainment!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service