NOTE - ON SATURDAY EVENING, A PROTEST WAS HEARD BY SCORE & CRB AGAINST 2ND PLACE SCORE TROPHY TRUCK FINISHER ROBBY GORDON AND A DECISION WAS RENDERED IN FAVOR OF ROBBY GORDON. AN APPEAL OF THIS DECISION WAS SUBMITTED BY A TROHPY TRUCK COMPETITOR ON SUNDAY MORNING AND THE APPEAL WAS ACCEPTED BY SCORE. THIS APPEAL HAS BEEN FORMALLY WITHDRAWN BY THE COMPETITOR. AS A RESULT, THE INITIAL DECISION IN FAVOR OF ROBBY GORDON WILL STAND AND THE SCORE TROPHY TRUCK RESULTS ARE NOW OFFICIAL.

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed, Monica80 it's never easy for our boy, it seems but justice prevailed in this instance, fortunately!
Sue for damages!
Glad to see this was resolved. Now on to Bristol!
I guess some people want to make sure they will get their Robby Gordon shocks for the 500. hahahaha
lol
Sweet!
Nice job TOG, it (situation) was handled really well here.
I'll 2nd that.
Yeah Justice for Robby!!!
It would be interesting to know from SCORE if that portion of the course was an open area for the teams to go through any which way they could. Secondly, I wonder if the onboard computers that help navigate actually store the GPS course track that the teams ran.
According to several people at the pre-race driver's meeting the area was open to 'creative lines'. A number of drivers didn't interpret that the same way Robby did and stayed closer to the marked course. At least in that area.

Most teams use Lowrance GPS units and they do have the ability to store the route you have taken. It is easily disabled. I am sure that most, if not all, GPS units out there can do the same thing. GPS is not required though and some slower classes may not use them as frequently as the higher dollar teams.
actually 99% or the racers use a gps, i don't know if you have ever race at baja or any score race,. the course is marked with just a single little ribbon plastic hanging from a branch of a tree, and that every 4 or 5 miles or when score thinks you can get lost, so, everybody just follows the track that looks more used, and only 10% of the teams actually prerun the course,.

thats the way the course is marked,. do you see how easy is to be off the " marked course",
Been there, done that Javier. My first race was SF250 in 1982. I even sold my 10 car to a guy with the same last name as you many years ago. I agree the vast majority of people run GPS now but it's not required and I am sure a few still don't have them.

Last time I checked Score didn't publish the GPS track but you could buy it from PCI with all the notes programmed in from when Scott pre-runs. Has that changed?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service