Trophy Truck & Baja 1000...Not what I expected to hear at church

I attend Church of the Highlands in Birmingham (One of the fastest growing churches in America), the Associate Pastor Layne Schranz is a race car driver (#7 Geico Chevy - Pikes Peak Champion) and used the Baja 1000 and Trophy Truck Class as part of his message. Very interesting.

Lane's site is here: http://www.layneschranz.com/

You can see the message here: (It follows the blooper real from 2013)
http://www.churchofthehighlands.com/media/message/the-time-has-come

Very interesting info about Trophy Truck navigators...not what I expected at church today!

He starts discussing the Baja 1000 and Trophy Trucks at the 30:00 min mark.

Views: 380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool vid . Was kinda thinking pastor was gonna compare the 3 wise men following a star to a TT driver following at night , but like where he went with it . The pace notes being the codawgs guide the way the bible should be ours . Great idea and great sermon .
Love how he showed the codes used by navigators to the driver...for the average fan it showed how important the communication is during the event. Kind of like a spotter to a NASCAR driver, only of more importance on what is coming ahead.
Tell Pastor Layne this catholic Yankee thinks he's a pretty cool pastor lol .

Great sermon. A modern way for a church to show how things interact in our lives.

They have 9 campuses, with 3 services every Sun morning at each location...over 35,000+ every Sun morning. Very cool church. You can watch LIVE via the web

Pretty cool that one of the associate pastors (Layne) is a race car driver...drives the #7... and loves off road racing. He also is a member of the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Talladega.

The campus I attend has some pretty cool celebrities that attend, Country Singer Sara Evans, Pro Bass Fisherman Randy Howell, Former NFL QB Jay Barker, Former MLB Pitcher Jason Standridge and Todd Jones, Heisman Winner Pat Sullivan and more.

Just thought this was very interesting about the Baja 1000 and Trophy Trucks. You can imagine my interest peaked when he mentioned it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service