This is a poll of which 7 you like better? I have given us some time to adjust to the new 7.

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When Robby bought the team wasnt it the original #7 Alan Kulwicki team ?
I am not sure about that as I think it might have been Jim Smith's Ultra Motorsports team that Robby eventually bought when Robby started up RGM?
I think your right Charlie.
Professor Tog ? You wanna weigh in on this one ?
if you look at the 2005 pics of robbys cars on jayski.com, theres Ultra decals on the left headlight. I've always kinda wondered about that.
I think Charlie's right, too. Smith maintained ownership of the '7' for a couple of years and was listed as the owner of RG's car. I think Spencer drove the 7 for Smith. The 'Sirius Dog Car'

RG wanted the 7 to follow in Kulwicki's foot prints as the next owner/driver/champ.
I believe that the order is as follows:

-Geoff Bodine purchased the no.7 team from Alan Kulwicki's estate.
-Jim Smith purchased the no.7 team from Geoff Bodine.
-Robby purchased the no.7 team from Jim Smith.

So, if my memory serves me right, the current no.7 team does still have a direct lineage back to the AK Racing team.
Somewhere in there Micheal Waltrip drove the 7, I don't know who for though.
............and back befor Alan Kuwicki Kyle Petty drove the#7 sponsored by 7/11 stores for the Wood Bros.
You missed one, Matei Racing purchased the 7 from Bodine and sold to smith...... that is who Waltrip drove for, that was the nation rents car, sponsorship moved to Jimmy Smith as well.
i like the old 7
old 7 was awesome... the new one looks like a question mark without the dot...

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service