Stephane Peterhansel Talks About Robby Gordon, Dakar 2014

From the German website, Motorsport-magazin.com , Stephane Peterhansel talks briefly about Robby Gordon.

(Translated as best as possible)

Your rival Robby Gordon also restarts at the Dakar. What do you expect from him?

Stéphane Peterhansel : I know that Robby Gordon takes up with a different concept of his car this time . But this I do not have too much information.

In recent years it went on between the two of you from time to time. Does the Dakar require such stories , also with regard to the media coverage ?

Stéphane Peterhansel : I realize that the media loves drivers such as Robby Gordon & the need for good stories . The problem with this, In the Dakar , there are clear rules for years. Not all other drivers adhere to the regulations , only he annoys me. That's not fair for the others. The second winner is the first loser . For me, the only goal is victory.

Is it you at all important that Robby Gordon participates again in the Dakar ?

Stéphane Peterhansel :
I do not honestly care if he is or not.

Us Vs Them: Again!

Views: 5830

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blame that on who is asking the questions. I rarely, if ever, see any of them asking Peterhansel about BJ, Mark, EV, etc.

And besides, aside from Mark Miller, only Robby Gordon has managed to stay in the media spotlight. No other Americans in the car category really deserve the mention as such.

my father allways told me "A RULE BOOK IS JUST A GUIDELINE TO BUILD A RACECAR"
and if you do not want me to cheat "DON'T LEAVE LOOPHOLES IN THE RULES"

Peterhandjobber is just another race car driver. Yes he has talent, facts are facts, and he has the results. but he is just a driver.

Les see him......start a race business, build...xxx amount of race vehicles, travel around the world.....on his own time and dime as an entrepreneur and a bad ass race car driver..

He won't. And not many can

You are right, There is only one RG.

What a snotface! Peter should thank God for Robby! I highly doubt Peter's sponsor, Monster would have gotten involved in Dakar if it weren't for Robby having them sponsor him first!

Other drivers (notice I didn't say racer) probably feel highly inadequate next to Robby at an event. They lack Robby's tenacity, work ethic and business sense in being his own boss!

Ya .......ole Frank S. sang a song about RG..........

You know what really pisses me off is how Peckerhansel keeps referring to Robby as a cheater "Not all other drivers adhere to the regulations" all because of what happened in 2012. He's too stupid to get the facts of the APPROVED air inflation system that gave RG zero advantage with vehicle performance. He's just ignorant by deciding to keep pounding the "He cheated" drum whenever he gets the chance. Frenchy is oblivious! Go get 'em Robby!

if everyone remembers they finally decided the inflation system was legal
but they said that after the flip the rear cover was illegal due to the way it was mounted after it was torn off

not shure where to find now but finished race after filing appeal rules decision came about 1-2 months after race
ask TOG

might have been air ducting after crash

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/motorsport/gordon-loses-dakar-exclusi...

They ruled just that car was illegal but article does not say what was against rules after all the inflation/deflation had been ok for years

They deemed it ILLEGAL for an AMERICAN to argue with a FRENCH rule book no matter if he was right or not.
They took that rule from the NASCAR RULE BOOK it is listed in the special rules against ROBBY GORDON section.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service