Discuss all the action from the 2013 LA Coliseum SST race right here. Practice & qualifying on Friday, April 26th, with a LIVE VIDEO STREAM, and the race is on Saturday, April 27th.

SST FRIDAY EVENT SCHEDULE

7:45AM: Pits Open
10:00AM: Drivers/Team Meeting SST Class ONLY
10:15AM: Team Members begin work
11:00AM: Drivers/Team Meeting Buggy Class ONLY
12:00PM – 1:00PM: Monster Truck Practice
1:00PM – 1:20PM: SST Practice Group #1
1:25PM – 1:50PM: SST Practice Group #2
2:00PM – 2:20PM: Buggy Practice Group #1
2:25PM – 2:40PM: Buggy Practice Group #2
2:50PM – 3:10PM: SST Practice for Qualifying (3 Laps)
4:00PM – 4:20PM: Buggy Practice Group #1
4:25PM – 4:40PM: Buggy Practice Group #2 (2nd Practice times set the field)
5:00PM – 5:30PM: SUPER Trophy Kart Practice
9:00PM: Qualifying for Starting Positions (best of 3 laps) for SST
10:30PM: Pits Close

SST SATURDAY EVENT SCHEDULE

6:50PM: Kickoff/Opening Ceremonies
7:00PM: Racing Starts
7:00PM – 7:20PM: BIGFOOT® Heat Races
7:20PM – 7:35PM: Buggy Heat Race #1
7:35PM – 7:50PM: Buggy Heat Race #2
7:50PM – 8:10PM: SST Heat Race #1
8:10PM – 8:30PM: SST Heat Race #2
8:30PM – 8:40PM: Trophy Kart Main Event
8:40PM – 8:50PM: SUPER Buggy LCQ
8:50PM – 9:05PM: SST LCQ
9:05PM – 9:10PM: BIGFOOT® LCQ
9:10PM – 9:20PM: BIGFOOT® Finals
9:20PM – 9:40PM: SUPER Buggy Main Event
9:45PM: SST Driver Intros/SST Main Event

FRIDAY LIVE VIDEO COVERAGE

Views: 7401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

agreed, but was that the story line? ;-)

on to San Diego

The announcers are seeing this form of racing for the first time just like us. Maybe what the announcer was saying as far as issues and penalties for things like RG's window net, Ward being stuck, and Lofton's hood would apply in other series' that he's familiar with... but not in SST (don't quote me cause I'm not sure either). It's a learning process for everybody involved and if someone happens to be misinformed you would hope they'd know better but you can't blame em'. You'd have to admit that for only the 2nd stadium event things went pretty well.. and what didn't hopefully will be addressed.

You have an eye for detail TeamMMR2 and are not afraid to point it out. Without someone pointing things like this out the series' growth and improvement may be compromised. You and I as fans both want Robby and SST to be successful so IMO constructive criticism like yours is appreciated. It's better than the haters who just say that stuff "sucks" and then when pressed gives no better explanation than "it just does".

Yeah, they are learning (the tv crew) just like everyone else. I bet there was a you roll your done rule this round. Why else would Arie stop racing? got to be tough on the LS7s to lie on their side and then refire. If we are still having this conversation after round 10 then lets talk. Until then I see progress in the good direction. It really needs to be seen in person. (go buy tickets!)

@ MJ

Really got that NAZICAR stick up there pretty far...?

Cause that's EXACTLY what its become . Ruled by a Nazi leader . Don't believe me just ask Joe Gibbs . I for 1 think Robby and his guys are doing a GREAT job with SST so far . Its only the 3rd event and each one gets better than the next . Any way this is a SST event thread and yeah I know I'm the 1 who started the NASCRAP stuff but , its just the easiest thing to compare to . All the " experts " who like to critic anything Robby does are the same 1s who think NASCAR is the only form of racing out there .

Naysayers are just that. I don't believe it has anything to do with NASCAR.

Ward was removed during the competition yellow that was flown at the halfway point. Robby was starting to run away at that point. The race was red flagged with Arie's roll which bunched up the field for the finish. I had a good time but could of done without the pavement.

Oh by the way, Groupon worked fine. My printout for 8 tickets on one page was fine. But the ticket office personnel didn't have much of a clue. Just bought 8 more for next week.

Liked it...........Not gonna go into a long winded abstract and crtic of anything. I hope this thing gets big................But wish The NBCSN was replaying this thing$$ at other $$$ times so as to $$expose it to$$more folks who are not home on a Sunday afternoon.........the real fanbase is out living life not loving the couch. Me, I'm spring cleaning the side porch and 6 5 months worth of I'll do it laters so I had a Tv there. But in reality the commercial sponsorship and exposure vs. cost and all would be well served had the NBCSN had been spreading it around like butter on bread....Short version.

I DDRd it to watch again. I thought it was light years better than last week, TV wise. I also thought a truck stuck on the top should bring out the yellow and move it. I heard during the broadcast that any stuck truck was staying stuck. I don't know if I have any right to criticize this new venture, I'll leave that to the pro's, but I, for one, loved it! For me iit was the fastest hour on TV in a long time!!

The replay is here.

Last night was a blast! Robby is a class act. He
was helping clearing out the pits at 5:00 and
took a minute for a picture with my wife, gave
some encouraging words and as we were walking
away gave her the hat off his head.
Attachments:

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service