Is there any word from Jim Beam on if they will be back next year or not? Does it depend on being in the top 35 or not? When will there be an announcement?
Come on insiders, let's hear from you. I hope Monster steps up but right now BOTH Red Bull cars are whipping Robby's butt! We gotta go man!

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just seen pics of the tt testing this past week in parker for the 1000. Looks like Polaris is on board, along with camping world, motorola, and the big green M.
Where did you see those pics?
A number of people have tried to assure us over the last few months Beam is on board, but I have not seen anything official.

You might be on to something with the top 35 clause.
Have not heard anything "official" but, Robby seems to feel good about 2009. I would expect that Robby will have a package of sponsor like before with Jim Beam, Menards, Monster, Polaris (?) Motorola (?), Camping World (?), and probably a few new ones like we saw this year with Barrett Jackson. The biggest question will be what all happens with Dodge. Alot of teams are shuffling around to merge and look for factory support. Robby seems to be happy sticking with Dodge and getting Penkse powerplants, but never can tell with Robby. He might just switch days before Daytona! (Wait, he did that already). Whatever Robby does, I look for next year to be a good year for Robby if he can stay inside the Top 35 after these next 2 races. If Robby hangs on, look for him to make some noise next year. He wasn't happy at all with his 2 road race performances and the crappy GEM motors he had most of the year. Look for Robby to have his best year ever as an owner (Top 25).
I believe TOG spoke with Marcus from Camping World who stated Camping World was done with RGM on the Cup side.
no camping world in 2009 for RG,via Marcus CEO of Camping World

good stuff in the works though for some races in 2009. He will be fine.
RG has said he has enough funding for 2009....thats all i need to know

What does the hood of that beast look like? Got any pics?? :)
I spoke with a Jim Beam representative at the Draft in Concord,NH, and he told me they were on board for 2009.
Ditto. The BF talked to the Texas JB rep Wednesday night at Downing St. in Houston and was told the same. The rep also told him that people tell him everywhere he goes the reason they drink JB is because they sponsor Robby and how can a company go wrong when the fans are that loyal to a driver.
Well, I'm not a big drinker but I've bought a couple of bottles of JB because of Robby and when I go to a bar I ask for JB and Ginger instead of Jack and Ginger now.

BRR

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service