What ever happened to the monster truck? I was looking forward to that.

Views: 1820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Team, I understand. Calm before the storm that is DAKAR. I'm so jazzed,I scheduled week two as vaca time.

Dam I thought I was the only one, it took me five times looking at the home page to open this dicussion and when I finally did I see I am not the only one with the DAKAR jitters...Bring it on TOG WJM

me too!  Can't wait!!  :-))

Could not agree more.

It seems that all previous years there was a lot more media blitz leading up to the event.  No big deal, just alittle too quite

100% agree 

I cant count how many things RG has been involved with in the beginning that have gone through his hands and ended up with someone else. I hope with BJ going to Toyo that we dont see BJ becoming Toyo's star and RG somehow gets pushed out of that support or deal.

If there is 1 thing that slipped thu RG's finger. them I rather it be a monster truck. For me it is how low can you go for sponsorship dollars. For Robby, monster truck would be like him being a birthday clown at a 5 years olds birthdat party.I am glad this part of the deal fell thru so we that brand Robby can be protected. He has too much talent to sell himself short. Dakar is here, lets see our boy do what he does best, ball out dirt racing.

Well Monster Jam sells out stadiums ALL OVER the US . and the World noW . It gets bigger each year . so thats why more and more sponsors are going there . There Use To Be A few Trucks With Sponsors . NoW There are more and more . I would not down it . That being s . I would rather RG in Nascar Dakar too .

Biggest thing with monster jam is the ushra or sro / pace ( or whoever the company is now ) owns all the marketing rights to all the trucks like gravedigger , max d , etc . That's part of the reason you'll never see bigfoot at one of those shows . So Robby would basically have to sign over any rights to the SPEED brand 

Not at all.  Feld Motorsports owns many trucks competing on the Monster Jam circuit, but independent teams with sponsors can be booked to compete.  Hell, MY company sponsors a truck that runs with Monster Jam.  All I had to sign was a waiver stating that I would not sue for additional royalties when our logo was part on the Hot Wheels diecast.

The Redcat Ground Pounder and Amsoil Shock Therapy trucks both feature competing brands to some of Monster Jam's corporate sponsors.  Dodge corporate also sponsors a team, and ran with Monster Jam when Ford Trucks was their major sponsor.

The cost of a one race sponsorship package for RGM in Cup (well, maybe two races) would cover the costs for an entire year running a top of the line monster, with the audience being a target audience for energy drinks.

Thanks Brett I knew youde know the rest of the deal I thought ALL the trucks were owned by Monster Jam . So what's the deal with Chandler and Bigfoot , why doesn't he run with them . I knew about your deal with the RC monster truck stuff and all but wasn't sure how it worked . I would almost think it would hurt your sales with them promoting TRAXXAS and you being CPE / Redcat with the Ground Pounder (great truck by the way it's next on my list if I sell my RC pulling truck ) Plus I just saw the Monster Energy truck with Damon Bradshaw but figured that was a tie in with them doing supercross stuff . Anyway I think Robby can get alot more coverage doing the offroad and nascrap stuff without having to spend even more money on the monster truck stuff 

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service