RPM for Dodge...just in from Tradin' Paint with Rick Benjamin and Chocolate Myers

They say it will be announced on Friday....

Views: 4719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1

wow, where did you read this! I did hear Richard say last week the they had just renewed there sponsorship, but with this type of cash rolling around, anything can happen!!

@WJM: "Chrysler/Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne is narcissistic wad." I think you are being a little too kind to the guy. He is going to kill Chrysler so that all of us can bail them out a third time.

What is he doing that is killing Chrysler??? Chrysler posted a year over year growth of 30% in May. This marks Chrysler’s 26th consecutive month where the group has shown year over year gains – that is over two straight years where Chrysler has posted an improvement compared to the same month a year prior.

Much of that growth was in the works before Fiat took over. The changes they have made will show up on down the road I guess. Take a look at the way they introduced Fiat back to the USA. They required dealers to have stand alone facilities just for that brand. And oh yeah Alfa Romeo. The Fiats are total POS cars and the Alfas are a long ways from being imported still. When and if they ever get here they will not be the same cars that were so über cool back in the 60's and 70's. They will be Fiat's idea of what an Alfa should be.

Sergio's master plan call for re-badging some of the Fiats and Alfas as Chryslers and Dodges. Ya got to see where this is going, don't you? I didn't buy any stock in Chrysler, but I did in Ford when it was around $1.40.

I personally think that much (not all) of what Peter De Lorenzo says in his weekly blog about the auto industry is on target. http://www.autoextremist.com/

The Charger and Challenger were initiated and tooled by Daimler. The redesigned T&C minivan, Ram truck lines and Grand Cherokee were also Daimler. Sergio killed the Viper only to bring it back - albeit now long in the tooth compared to the Corvette Z06.

The Fiat 500? This isn't Turin, Italy and Jenny from the block bought a Focus ST.

But they have Charlie Sheen in the Fiat 500 commercials. You can't beat that.

I guess Charlie Sheen is their official celebrity spokesperson. I wonder what the person that picked him was smoking?

Oh, I thought about it a minute more and whatever he was smoking I bet he was smoking it with Charlie.

They heard Charlie say WINNING and wanted to know what it's like 

Being a Dodge guy, part of me was and is hoping RCR and EGR would both go to Dodge since they seem to be falling down the Chevy food chain. Well, it will be interesting to see what all these parts are that will fall into place. Maybe Kurt and James Finch can go to Dodge, also.

All in a name, then comes the work. Guess which one is more important.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service