Views: 2802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know Kevin , I like the fact Robby is following in Mickey's footsteps other than Sal's . Just a lot more prestige with Mickey's .

pretty sure I know you can't answer this, but any inside info on Robbys plans for SCORE? was he in a position to be the one to buy Sal out? SCORE with Robby's vision that would have been very interesting.

there gose my dream of seeing the SPEED arch.

to bad i just dislike norman (first time i met him reno foo road race Outlaw 250) he said that a sportsman racer would never be able to understand what it takes to race Baja
even though i did in 78,79.80 and was BFG crewdog for 5 years

so i think i have it figgured out

make that the Outlaw 250 off road race

actually Roger Norman had his panties in a wad because he lost a ruling in court that he could not use the name USA500 (Roger Norman owns the land around the USA Parkway near Reno Nevada) but the USA 500 race title has been owned by VORRA since it was first ran in 1976

I don't understand your statement as Roger Norman is the guy that is trying to bring down the cost for off road racing to the private/non factory/ non 2%ers by lowering the entrance fees for the average family racer. Roger has spoken out many times about the high cost of racing eliminating the family racer. He has also stated that the backbone of off road racing is the family race teams. I have met him during several races and have been most impressed with his fairness and views on the future of off road racing. He is a racer and totally understands the entire off road racing industry from both sides of the coin and hs also demands that racers follow the rules.
Which pit crews did you work for BFGoodrich? What races were you "BFG CREWDOG" for and at which pits? Why did you quit being a "BFG CREWDOG"? What class did you race in during the 78,79,80 races?
Please back up your statements.

lets see BFG from the Nevada 2000 for propit to 2005 till retired due to medical reasons (blood clots in lungs)
and that is all races in Nevada and Baja
1976 class 11a
1977class 11a both in HDRA and SNORE
1978 class 5/1600 SCORE SNORE AND HDRA
1979 class 5 SCORE SNORE AND HDRA
1980 class 8 truck SCORE SNORE and HDRA
currently currently crew chief for a class 7200 in VORRA and BITD
YOU????????????????????

I started in 1969 with Bill Rice and Dan Widner racing the Baja when Mr Pearlman was in charge. I've prerun with Parnelli, traded paint with a wild crew called "The Meyers Gang". I have raced class 1, 2, 5, 5 1600,8 and with the Randells for a bunch of years and their class 4, 7, and 7S. Both help build, pit, chase, prerun, repair, prep and gather up the broken parts as well. I have been with a major tire company for many years now and as mentioned before been racing in the Baja, Nevada, Calif [I really miss the old Riverside both on the river and at the raceway] Colorado and even New Mexico. I have raced SCORE, H.D.R.A., ADRA, SCCA [way to clean for me]. Yes I have been ther and done that several times before.

This miht be bad news for Robby. Ever since Roger caught Robby cheating there have been bad feelings from both sides

Expound on this a little please.

Robby was caught cheating at a SCORE race by cutting off several miles of the worst part of the marked course. Roger caught him and turned over the video proof of Robby cheating to Sal. Even with the cheating Robby didn't win so Sal hushed it all up. The fact remains that Robby did cheat and went out of his way to cheat and try to win the race.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service