From Jayski : Robby back to Chevy: #7-Robby Gordon says the Chevy-to-Indy move is just perfect for him, and he says he'll be a part of the new Chevy Indy operation. Gordon is preparing to run next spring's Indy 500 with his own team (it will of course have to be with a Honda engine). And Gordon says he expects to make the NASCAR jump next season from Toyota back to Chevrolet. Gordon, who heads back to Mexico in a couple of days to run the Baja 1000, says he's one of five men with a shot to win the 16-hour marathon. But it hasn't been such a great year for Gordon, who last year's off-road championship but who this year has been hit with mechanical issues, most recently with his off-road transmission."

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Simona De Silvestro did a great job this year in IRL using an old 2003 Dallara without all the fancy updates or newer build Dallara's that most of the other teams had...So basically you can be competitive regardless of what you got...And her team was a single car team that only had 2 chassis the whole year no less, shoe string budget. And I'd say at least 1/2 the races this year she ran in front of Danica at some point in those races...
Scott C - I am pretty sure Robby has a plan in place. he always does.
What? No TOG, it works this way:
1. News is leaked.
2. Speculation and guesstimates begin.
3. PlanetRobby Planning Committee weighs all suggestions.
4. Powerpoint and Sponsifier presentation of recommendations at RGM (Reichert makes sandwiches)
5. Recomendations pushed aside by RGM with a simple, "WTF?"
6. Fan Community expresses outrage.
7. Bigzoom begins 2-week sleepless paint scheme binge in hopes just one will stick.
8. Club Just hyperactivity begins. 'Just' get a Gibbs or Hendrick chassis. 'Just' get a 3-year $50 mil. sponsorship deal with [insert Fortune 500 company] . It's 'Just' that easy.
9. Shoulda-Coulda-Woulda faction weighs in with profound statements of Hindsight.
10. Will the souvenir trailer be at [insert track]?
My hat is off to you WJM....You effing nailed it! .....except......
you forgot the "black ops helicopter" faction!

RG is one smart cat.....the only thing that separates him from running an operation like Henrick, Roush, Childress and Gibbs is a LARGE pile of money! Hopefully Speed Energy gets him there!
LMAO...
TOG, this part of Europe is like a motorsport wilderness.....I need RG to make few passes in his hummer to wake these people up. I'm going to be stuck watching Formula 1 tomorrow. I can't wait for the the Planet chat tomorrow......geez it's my only link to motorsport sanity. Good thing my boss approved a new air-card....wait 'till he sees the bill!
X1000000000, lol!
I missed this earlier, that's the truth WJM.............
Toooooo gooooood
Robby may end up getting better engines and better support from chevy engine suppliers. Who knows but I think this is a plus on all ends.
No imagination blitz.

What if the shop starts selling RGM chasis with Illmore/Chevy motors to other teams? Or if a young driver with a sponsor comes along, put him in an RGM Chevy. Robby is a good business man, he'll do something that makes sense.
I was pretty sure that Robby meant he as a driver was not running the entire season but the team was I could be wrong

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service