Robby Gordon unlikely to run NASCAR in 2013 - UPDATE "Never rule anything out" 12/21/12

Not a big surprise to some of us...

Robby Gordon, who raced his way into the Daytona 500 last year as part of a light NASCAR schedule, is not scheduled to do any NASCAR racing in 2013. Spokesperson Alison McCabe said she doesn't think Gordon will participate in NASCAR due to his involvement in his new racing project, Robby Gordon's Stadium Super Trucks series. The 12-race off-road stadium series will debut April 6 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. The Stadium Super Trucks series will be televised by NBC and the NBC Sports Network. Sponsorship woes with his self-owned team led to him racing only three times in 2012: the season-opener at Daytona, race No. 2 at Phoenix and the road-course race at Sonoma. He failed to qualify for early-season races at Las Vegas and Fontana. (12/19/12)

UPDATE: "With Robby's attention towards the 2013 Dakar Rally and the inaugural season of Robby Gordon OFF-ROAD's Stadium SUPER Truck Series (SST), there has been a lot of speculation regarding his future NASCAR plans. We are all focused on providing an exciting kick-off to the 2013 SST season at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ on April 6th. At the same time, we would never rule out the possibility of running selected NASCAR events."(RGM/Spokesperson Alison McCabe)(12-21-2012)

Views: 5897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure about the demographic...I have 2 girls that slug the stuff. When they are studying with friends, you see the cans and they're usually all girls. I would definitely target colleges especially during exams. And yes, they mix cocktails with them too

I agree with you Dave. It's not so much about male or female but the age group that consumes energy drinks. That's why its' important to expand upon distribution during the build-up to the series opener. Considering the attention deficit problem that seems to plague many today, when people see SST and associate Speed Energy with the action on the track, the need to make Speed Energy Drink easy to purchase for the average consumer is immediate. I've ordered online before, and I normally purchase Speed at Menard's, but those are the only two ways that I can easily get my hands on the drink. I would much rather purchase at a convenience store where the product is already cold, I can get what I need, and know that I can get more. I also then would be able to recommend Speed to my friends and they can follow up by actually purchasing it.

In Phoenix, the only place I can count on that sells Speed Energy is Super Pumper Mini Market Gas Stations. And, every time I walk in there, I wonder if they're still going to be in the cooler.

Is there a sales opportunity to push Speed Energy onto store shelves, large corporate cafeterias, and college campuses?

I'm in between jobs and after 25 years ready to get out of technology sales.

If RG found sponsorship, would he make or buy the car and what about pit crew? My second question is, if a team offered him a ride for a selected race would he drive if the team was a back bencher? I would love to see him back in the Sprint
Cup but will it ever happen?

If a back marker team offered him a ride would he drive? I don't see him jumping at the chance to run in the back.When RG DID NOT run Watkins Glen in 2012, that pretty much made it crystal clear he wasn't going to show up just to run around. I would think the NW race at Mid Ohio might spark an interest in him ( he has run there before ) - Time will tell -

Seems like an unfortunate headline. That wasn't really the theme that I got from reading it, and focuses more on the possible negative rather than his readiness to win the mutha f#cka this year! It's all about funding, and I would guess he would certainly run again if the funding was there and he didn't have to foot the bill himself.

I'm really F'n hoping like that there is a road trip to Ohio in the future man like it would be a gas to see the Eldora race man like WOW it would blow my mind to............The truck race think truck race on dirt.......smell the dirt in the air .....smell the tires in the air and the fumes and hear the crackle of headers.........and see an orange battle wagon.......oh crystal ball what do you see what do you see.....??????

The local media suck wingbones

Here here!!!! Lets pull for an Eldora Truck race!!!! That would be fricken AWESOME!!!!

If you actually read the headline in it's entirety - and FOCUS on the POSITIVE "12/21/12", the hidden message is "IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD".

Great things are in store for Robby Gordon in 2013. NO Doubt about it!

No means yes! What does this lady know anyway?

she know's more than you might think she's just hoping he doesn't so she'll have a whole year to clean her desk off but don't give up hope ther's still some of those penske engines floating around i'm sure if one of those landed under the christmas tree it might change things

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service