Robby Gordon unlikely to run NASCAR in 2013 - UPDATE "Never rule anything out" 12/21/12

Not a big surprise to some of us...

Robby Gordon, who raced his way into the Daytona 500 last year as part of a light NASCAR schedule, is not scheduled to do any NASCAR racing in 2013. Spokesperson Alison McCabe said she doesn't think Gordon will participate in NASCAR due to his involvement in his new racing project, Robby Gordon's Stadium Super Trucks series. The 12-race off-road stadium series will debut April 6 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. The Stadium Super Trucks series will be televised by NBC and the NBC Sports Network. Sponsorship woes with his self-owned team led to him racing only three times in 2012: the season-opener at Daytona, race No. 2 at Phoenix and the road-course race at Sonoma. He failed to qualify for early-season races at Las Vegas and Fontana. (12/19/12)

UPDATE: "With Robby's attention towards the 2013 Dakar Rally and the inaugural season of Robby Gordon OFF-ROAD's Stadium SUPER Truck Series (SST), there has been a lot of speculation regarding his future NASCAR plans. We are all focused on providing an exciting kick-off to the 2013 SST season at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ on April 6th. At the same time, we would never rule out the possibility of running selected NASCAR events."(RGM/Spokesperson Alison McCabe)(12-21-2012)

Views: 5897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You only make money in NASCAR if your name is Hendrick Roush Penske or Gibbs otherwise you either break even or lose . It used to be different a independent team could make money and make a living but that was a long time ago .

@Chase,Dave. While you are correct ,Nascar does pay more.BUT, and that is one big ass BUT,so are the expenses.We've beat this subject to death.Robby has said many times he won't go broke racing.Example the top 10 in points earned about 6.3mil,20-30th appr. 4.3 mil.in gross prize money.An engine lease is appr. 3.6mil.I don't see 10-15 mil a year sponsors beating down teams doors.When Roush has to self sponsor Matt Kenseth,Hendrick -Kasey Kahne you know things are in tough financial shape.

+1

The 29 would be a great ride in 2014. It would give ROBBY 2013 to get the SST going. I say stay away other than a RCR ride.

You gotta know that's going to the grand kids .

When Robby DID NOT attempt Watkins Glen in 2012, that summed it up. While it would be good to see RG run a few Cup races each year, I would only want to see him in equipment with 100% PROPER funding.

As long as no conflicts(schedule/sponsors/on-track :^) ), I totally see him getting a couple of seat offers during the year.

Me too!! Which seat and race do you have in mind?

No preference, anyone is fine by me.

I would say he will get a call for Pocono or Martinsville

hahahaha!! now I don't care who you are that's funny right there.

I thought you might like that, stay safe in Dakar

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service