SPEED Energy Racing Transcript:

Robby Gordon talks about entering the 2013 Dakar Rally after one of his competitors makes a comment about him and his HUMMER

PETERHANSEL COMMENTING ON ROBBY GORDON ENTERING THE 2013 DAKAR RALLY:

“This is a cheater born, we are here to compete, not for show race, and this is not the circus, even if it pleased the audience.”
“We must fight on equal terms, Robby Gordon must comply with the rules. If this is the case, it is welcome. Otherwise. Not!”

PETERHANSEL IS NOT ONLY CALLING YOU A CHEATER BUT CALLING YOU A SHOWMAN RATHER THAN A RACER, HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO THAT?

RG: I take that personal, the fact he is calling me a cheater or my team a cheater. We explained our system last year to A.S.O. at initial technical inspection and we did not change anything from that day of initial tech on our car until the day they saw our car, saying it wasn't legal. With all that said what Peterhansel needs to understand is this is the entertainment business and it is not just about racecars. If it was just about racecars we would all be driving diesel powered Mini’s and they would sound like a bunch of sewing machines.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HIM TALKING ABOUT FIGHTING ON EQUAL TERMS?

RG: We are really excited to go to the Dakar, last year A.S.O. can say we were disqualified, but to be honest with you at the end of the day we finished 5th and it wasn’t worth fighting with them. So we'll accept whatever we have to accept, but in regards to Peterhansel and playing fair and square, we played by the rules A.S.O. told us we could play by last year and they came and inspected our cars for 2013 and we are ready for the challenge. Last year if you take out the stages I had to tow Al-Attiyah around we would have been easily ahead of Peterhansel at that point. This year our car is even better fine tuned, we’ve had more time to work on it. Even with the inflation disconnected last year, I want to remind Peterhansel that we beat him 10-15 minutes a day when we wanted to go. So he's going to have to tighten his seat belts and we are ready for the battle. There is STILL nothing Monster, about his Mini!

Views: 19285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was never anything classy about peter

2013 Dakar Rally Preview: Nani Roma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2RQSXx7I4

Thanks Joe,yep ,The Battle is on.
Will you be there live for the full 2 weeks?

Yes I plan on attening the whole rally again for the 4th time now..I love Dakar and live for it..This Battle is on

Be safe,sorry in advance for the butt whooping your boy's are about to receive.

Thanks Mike..it's a Long Race and we know how strong our little MINI's are and have been this whole year..so we are not worried a bit..in fact we are very happy he is coming back..this great race would not be a great race with the Legends of the Sport to race against.....This Battle is On..

Love it RG!!!! He must be scared....... drive it like you stole it

Gooo RG and kick his asss!!!! good luck!!!!

Like a boss

RG just needs to go over there, forget about all the trash talk, drive like no other driver can, and kick all there asses!
Then walk away with the WIN and give all the trash talking competitors the "one finger wave" as he gets on the plane to bring the WIN home to the USA, and make history!

+1000

Good to see ya posting up Matt !

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service