On the video on the main page top center RG is being interviewd and he said he was filing a protest against Peterhansel for running over the motorcyclist is the river. Its gonna be cool to see what happens with that since it was clear on video for all to see.

Views: 3748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree I was sitting at home watching the Dakar when I saw that incident I could not believe it and wondered what would be the penalty for blatant disregard for the riders welfare as the mini/ bmw sped off with out even checking,unbelievable .

Here is the response I got from Mini.

Hi,

thanks for your request.

The incident has been thoroughly reviewed by the ASO after Stéphane Peterhansel contacted them. The ASO officials heard both Stéphane's and the biker's incident descriptions, and Stéphane apologized to the biker. The ASO then substracted a time of 33 minutes off the biker's overall time which all parties accepted. The ASO ticket has now been closed.

Plus, knowing Stéphane's character and his understanding of sportsmanship he would never ever intentionally risk the safety of another competitor.

Thanks for your understanding,
Chris

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service