Road Course Race Coming to The Chase? Nascar looking at it

Sports Illustrated is reporting that Nascar is considering adding a road course to Nascar's playoff The Chase. Currently The Chase has every style of track except a road course. The Chase has a plate race at Talladega, short track at Martinsville, concrete track at Dover, flat tracks at Phoenix and Loudon, and cookie cutters like Texas, Homestead, Kansas & Fontana. The most likely tracks to loose a date would be Loudon or Fontana. Loudon seems to be the most likely with TV market ratings favoring Fontana.

Nascar is also considering a "Elimination Style" format for The Chase. This style was used once in the All-Star race, but removed after fans didn't like the format.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Road Atlanta would be a great addition. Oh wait, ISC doesn't own it.

Three races at Fontana!

Nooooo , not three races at Fontana !
I get it .."it looks like a giant" ...change scene "Johnson"
mexico or montreal for the road course to the chase, get rid of fontanna. too bad laguna seca was not in the mix. i like the playoff system, why not
I doubt Mexico after being stripped of a NNS race would get a cup race but Road America seems promising. Would love 4 road courses per season. But lets get 3 first. Montreal or Road America would work for me.
On a side note the chase has killed all the good rivalries. The last one being 3 vs 24 and I will not even think of listing them all.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service