Traxxas is coming out with the Speed Energy version of the Slash truck this November.

http://speedenergyshop.bigcartel.com/product/traxxas-speed-energy-r...

Views: 25189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Roughtoys...Looks like the OV-10 at the Ramona Air Base..
Do you live in Ramona? Do you work for Cal Fire?

Hey Jack just wanted to check in and see how your doing with the new RC . You addicted yet ?
Found this r/c car chase video, and thought you guys might like it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/WEROVWDp3n0
Great find Alan

oh that was a cool find.. me and my wife were glued to watching the whole thing.. ..

and yes mj.. getting close to that addicted thing. I have the day off today and plan on going to local hobby shop to see if i can pick up some extra battery pwr (if they don't have what i need then i will just order online). But the true addicted person is my 14yr old son. I have to keep reminding him that it was My Birthday present no his...LOL Every day when he gets home from school is.. "Dad, whats for dinner?". now everyday he say's.. "Dad, What's for dinner?.... then can I drive the truck?".. ... So I do believe we just added another expense to our Christmas shopping this year...

Atta boy glad to see another RC fan . If ya need any help or suggestions don't hesitate to shoot me a message on here .

yeah.. where is the best place to buy spare batteries? Should I get a different brand? Or should I play it safe and stick with the batteries they sell at Traxxas? what came with mine is 8.4v 3000mah

Hey Jack yeah that's a pretty good pack to start with . A lot of people are gonna tell you to switch to LiPo packs and although they do offer better more performance I don't feel the performance gain is worth the extra risk as LiPos need to be constantly watched and pose the risk of fire and / or explosion . If your really careful with them yes they are great , but as a new hobbyist I don't recommend them .
The packs I use are the MAXAMPS shotgun packs in either a 6 cell or 7 cell hump pack configuration , and I run anywhere from a 3800 mah to 5000 mah . You can get those through www.maxamps.com . I like them cause they are a high end pack and use the best cells to make them .
Some other packs comparable to yours are ( ill list them in best to worse )
Duratrax DTX series w Traxxas connector
Venom Universal connector packs
Reedy Wolfpack w Traxxas connector
Dynamite Speedtech w Traxxas connector
All these packs are NIMH packs and can be charged on the included Traxxas charger

Once your ready to step up to a better charger let me know and ill make up another list .
As for where to buy your stuff I always recommend your local hobby shop 1st if nothing in your area then I'd recommend Tower Hobbies 1st then Stormer Hobbies then Horizon Hobbies
Www.towerhobbies.com
Www.stormerhobbies.com
Www.horizonhobbies.com
Jack
Thought you and your son might get a kick outta this , it's video from my RC clubs event this past August . We do RC truck and tractor pulls plus tuff truck racing while there is a real tractor pull going on behind us . Look for the SPEED shirt and you'll see me . This is the event where I trashed my SPEED Energy monster truck , which has since been sold ( kept the SPEED body of course ) lol . You'll see me racing it with the stock blue body on it , the next round I blew her up . Hope you enjoy the vid .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT8yNvuKW4g&sns=em

Thought you might like to see this new body . It would be perfect to make a Larry Schwacofer replica

Heres the rc body

Heres the real thing

BTW Jack hows everything working out with your new RC . ? Get your battery packs you were looking for ?

that is a cool looking car,,, and yes i did order a couple battery packs from rcsuperstores.com . they had a good price and shipping fair..... and talk about quick.. ordered on a Sat. they were in hand on Monday. Total for 2 Traxxas 7-Cell 8.4V Stick 3300mAh with shipping was only $64.93

Really good price . How's the hunt for your sons truck going . Santas bringing me an Axial SCX10 . Already got all kinds of plans in mind . My trucks don't stay stock for long lol . Here's a pic of what I'm starting with .
Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service