Poll: wonder if any class one cars would merge to the TT class after seeing the Hummer?

just a thought, after watching the success of the converted Hummer over the last couple years, how many 1 cars thought of switching over to some sort of full body in order to attract those precious sponsor dollars? Just a thought!

Views: 3340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Hey Hauler has been restored for a while now. There was an article in DirtSports Mag a while back where they had the current owner Ben Abbotti (Ben lives in the Imperial Valley and raced the Hay Hauler in the MDR series for several years.) RG, Jim Venable and Russ Wernermont got to see the truck first hand after the restoration and I guess Robby offered to buy the Hay Hauler. The offer was turned down. The Abboti's raced the Hay Hauler this year and the NORRA 1000 Vintage off road race in Baja.

Here is my understanding or remembrance of the Hay Hauler. Jim Venable who owned the team did have Jon Nelson help build the truck the first time around. I dont think it started with Elliptical rear 1/2 leafs. I believe that came to be when Jim had Russ Wernermount re-do the truck to the way you see it now and when RG won his Championship in class 8. This truck was ahead of it's time, so dont take the book by it cover. This truck was also illegal and most had no idea until it was retired from the Venable stable. The cab was moved back and the fenders stretched to give it a longer wheel base, and the engine was pushed back. This was a tough thing to measure due to the way the rules were written.

After this truck Jim Venable got Ford and BFG backing to build a new truck. Russ Wernermount built this truck from the ground up and this truck was King for a long time. Robby was going for overall wins in this truck. (This pictures is when Rob MacCachern took over the ride)

And Jon Nelson went on to start Nelson & Nelson and got the contract from Chevy to build Larry Raglands class 8's and his TT. These are the same Chevy trucks that Jimmy Johnson drove in the desert. Both Jon and Russ were also the builders for the Chevy and Ford trucks that raced in the Micky Thompson series.
JIMMIE WHO ??
lmao
Ahhh......I remember the Micky Series. Thats where Jimmie got his off-road start too, in the Nature Recipes cars.
This is one that was build by RACECO. One of the first mid-engine V-drives
Attachments:

here ya go ken you dont need the link now
I remember building that thing. Never worked that good, but had a ton of pwer. Just a little before bypass shocks.
looks awesome
That venable built 90's ford bfg truck was a very nice piece. Then nelson built that wicked chevy for larry ragland. Between those two teams they just about gobbled up everything in sight. Lets not forget that ol workhorse Walker Evans and the Barbary Coast team. Who remembers that shit box Roger Mears buit that had a ton of power, but wouldnt turn in a ten acre field.
Are you talking about the single seat Chevy TT?
Yeah, the Bud machine!
I believe a Mexican team owns the truck now. I know about a year or so ago it was at Craig Stewart's "RaceWorks" shop. I'm not 100% sure what was being done, maybe just a prep. But it is still around and was still a single seater. I do know the front A-arms were re-done and a bigger style spindle was put on that truck.
@ didnt roger wad that thing up real bad when it was sill fairly new

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service