Fellow Racers, Fans and Supporters,

What happened during the Parker 425 this weekend is unfortunate and a huge disappointment for everyone involved with our Team, including Sponsors, Employees and Fans. Our racing program is not just a fun hobby - it is a business. I want everyone to understand that it's business and nothing personal against Casey Folks or anyone involved with BITD. We enjoy racing the series and feel Casey does a good job, and we're going to learn how difficult a job it is for Casey and other promoters in the very near future with Stadium SUPER Trucks.

We have a serious issue in regards to what Casey has said we did and what the rules allow. First and foremost, we want to hear the alleged recording of the radio communication with the helicopter. The rules specifically say "No aircraft permitted for the purpose of race support." We used our aircraft to film within the bounds of the Section 8 rules, which I have listed below.

Here is what the rulebook says in section SEC8:

The rule book does not say what this BITD official posted:

In addition, we use a helicopter for the following reasons: SAFETY! SAFETY! SAFETY!

For most of the races, at some point we are the lead vehicle and I want them to protect innocent people, spectators, snow birds, motorcycle riders, atv's and quads playing in the desert that may not know there is a race going on, especially in Mexico, etc. Trophy trucks (Trick trucks, Class 1400) are the most sophisticated race vehicles in American Motorsports today. The rules are wide open with the class being Unlimited and it is inevitable that someday we're going to crash again and as fast as my trophy truck goes, it could cause serious damage and life threatening injuries. If the helicopter is there to service my team or other teams for medical attention it is making the sport safer.

Our helicopter has landed on multiple occasions to make sure that other competitors are okay when in distress. Last year for example, at Vegas to Reno with the Mastercraft trophy truck and this race our helicopter landed to assist a rolled over vehicle that was stuck in a ditch. Our helicopter did that not to help us win a race and not because we are somehow required to do so, but just because someone needed help immediately and our helicopter was there. I know the people in off-road racing, and I know that they would return the favor if we needed it. That is the way we operate.

Last but not least, we use the helicopter for video production.

Facts: Until we hear the recording that BITD alleges exists, according to our understanding of the rule book, we didn't do anything wrong. We will have to stand up for ourselves on this matter as I take great pride in this issue. This is our business and we support ourselves by winning.

We won this race.......and it's really a bummer that we have to defend the results.

Thanks for the continued support, see you at the next race.
-Robby Gordon

Views: 6145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I posted 2011 race.....

Robby felt it important to post last night at race-dezert.com.....get over it!

I think Robby is trying to prove a point that rules and processes need to be reviewed!!!!

@Randy, yes ,I get that Robby is still pissed about it two years later.We covered the issue two years ago on the Planet,hence old news.

Was that comment for me MK?

@Tool, you might be mixing topics.Old news= qualifying timing issues from 2011.
DAKAR sentinel system has nothing to do with 'heligate'

This years second place qualifying effort was also questioned, based on past years 'interesting' results.

Hey new daddyo hope all is going well.
As far as my post, I wasnt speaking at all about the qualifying stuff.I can care less about that,and that topic is a whole new topic in itself imo.I was tossing around ideas for future growth and fair competition.Like I mentioned,my points are,or were probably thought of by any number of the sanctioning bodies. I just re-read my post again,and it looks like I didnt get my intended point across.My thought was to incorporate a version of the sentinal system which other than the IRC thing which would include detailed timing,course position/tracking ect.Sending this info to the timing and scoring officials onlynot the teams.Allow the teams limited car data such as position and thats it..Develop a bookmark/warning type of thing on the car's nav system.Thus allowing the sanctioning body's lead copter only, to alert the car of any team of impending blockage,booby trap,or danger ect.Have only the sanctioning body to have low flying choppers to monitor course action like the nfl booth above.Then have any heli's used for filming run higher altitudes,and on a controlled radio freq that is unassociated with any team. The sanctioning body would have a certain freq. designated to the aircarft and be monitored and recorded.If memory serves,I believe any and all radio chatter in aircraft is already contained in the cockpit voice recorder..
Im not wanting to continue to beat a dead horse way after the event.Just wanted to get my point across properly and not to have it confused with the timing deal,or scream and cry about Rob.Just the facts thats all. Take care and try and get some rest.I get easier I promise. lol

so Robby posting last night on the race-dezert.com should be ignored???

it is getting alot of attention with numerous responses from current TT drivers..

again Robby is calling attention that rules and processes need to be reviewed....

the title of thread is "Official Speed Energy Racing Statement from RG" and he has added more comments....sorry you disagree that it isn't worthy of mention

I've read thru that posting from last night, and yes Cameron,Andy, and Dan have responded, but it's not in regards to the current issue at hand. They all agree the qualifying rules/procedures should be looked at. But nothing in that posting is in regards to "heligate" (I like that MK) :)

I agree Randy, IMO it is worth mentioning.

Mike - regardless if it is 2 years old, it brings merit because there are doubts about his 2013 Q effort as well, so doesn't matter if it's old news. It needs to be recovered in this thread.

Guys ( TOG MK NIKAL and All ) I understand you all trying to remain neutral on subjects and being polilitically correct , but isn't this supposed to be a place for us fans to support Robby . It just seems like the past few issues you all have shied further and further away from supporting Robby . Even when Robby himself wants to keep fighting , we get answers like old news move on . I love coming here and premium and enjoy having chat and all the other stuff and appreciate everything you guys do on here . I'm just asking that you all be a little more open when it comes to letting us fans support Robby .

what are you talking about?

WHOOSH

You must have inhaled too much decal thinner working on your RC car.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service