Says on the NORRA website that Baja Bob will be at the race . Is he actually racing , if so what vehicle . 

Views: 7258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you using the same acct maybe ? 

Baja Bob testing today.... El Centro, I bet there is SPEED in the desert and the cooler.

yeah hoping for some RDC coverage

Wow, that's sweet. Not sure how restrored it is with a LS in it, but still Damn sweet..

I wasn't going to mention it,shouldn't they have install'd a crate Hemi or some other Dodge powerplant?

I LIKE SPEEDy GIRLS LOL 

Malcolm Smith!

Husqvarna. Edison Dye started importing Husky's in 1966 from Sweden and Malcolm was the first rider to test one. The rest is history.

Malcolm Smith is one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure of being friends with. I met him in 1970 and over the following years I was able to buy two of his Husqvarna factory race bikes. Of course the bikes were fast, scary fast for a rider of my skill level at the time. But how quickly my skill level improved on that first bike! It was almost like magic. It was the prototype for the 250CR 6 speed and was just amazing. Not just that is was fast, but the attention to detail that was given that bike really set it apart from a stock Husky. That was 1973 and 6 years later I bought a 390CR from him. The second bike was the first 100+ MPH dirt bike I had ever ridden. It didn't have quite as much prep work done to it as the bike 6 years before. Husqvarna was making bullet-proof bikes by then and they were really pretty much ready to race from the factory.

I am happy to see Malcolm racing the bike in this event. He is 71 this year I think and I am sure he still has it. He is one of the few people that can say they have "mastered" their motorcycle. The first ride I went on with him was up off of California 138 just east of Wrightwood. At the time it was a very popular place to ride as you could do open desert and mountain fire roads on the same day. There was a little highway restaurant that everyone parked behind and unloaded their bikes. The "course" from there was up a fairly steep fire road to the ridge and then the other side dropped down to the desert floor. There were 6 or 7 of us and I was thinking that I would get a few good lessons from Malcolm. He told me to just do what he did..... We headed up to the ridge maybe a 1/2 mile away. Malcolm and Dub Smith (no relation) were just so much faster than the rest of us and they were racing. I got to the ridge and figured I would spot them. They were so far gone I couldn't even see their dust! So much for me getting schooled by the master.

Was this posted elsewhere on the site while I was away? Seems like the earliest announcement ever for the 2nd Dakar entry.
Clyde Stacy (RPM Off Road) will be driving the H3 as a test for his DAKAR 2013 debut in Peru next January. Gordon will be chasing Stacy in the monstrous DAKAR style support truck and, according to Stacy, may take the wheel a day or two into the rally. Oh, and according to Robby at the drivers meeting, “I took the (pinche) restrictor off!”

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service