No full-season RGM next year, or just no full-season Robby ?

Jayski had an artical today about the possiblity of short fields next year, citing both  issues at Petty, and Robby's quote about not wanting to run all the races as evidence that there may indeed be short fields in some of the 2011 races.

So I had to wonder if this means that when Robby does not run, no cars from RGM will run, as the article implied, or if there is a solid commitment in place ( via the continued presence of  Conroy and the Extenze money ? )  for the company to attempt all the races next year, even if Robby is not the driver.

My guess is that the writer may not have understood the drift of Robby's comments, but it did leave me wondering how firm the situation for next year might be at this point in time.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know, as much as I detest Scott Speed, he was born with a name for racing and Speed Energy Drinks.. just saying...
Field fillers may be 40% of the field next year. If NASCAR keeps paying out to the obvious "start and park" guys there will always be a full 43 cars. Whether Robby runs all the races, or just fields a car for someone else with sponsor money it could keep the 7 in the top 35.

Thanks all

www.probikehelmets.com
Joey B. brought up one more thing that I've been curious about.

Can a team build a car, buy or lease an engine, pay transportation for car and crew, NOT have a well-paying sponsor, and still come out to the good, as a result of winnings money ?

I've heard people say that a motor alone can cost $100,000, so I've always assumed that purse money can't really pay the bills, unless a team can count on bringing their car safely through a number of races with their equipment intact. Which would seem like a big gamble. So I always wondered about those un-sponsored runs in the #07. Given the cost of the car and all the expenses surrounding the running of the thing, are the winnings enough to make things pencil out ?

Heaven only knows how the poorly sponsored guys in Nationwide manage to survive on the purses that series pays.
I think the 07 was usually the backup car when it qualified, so there really weren't any incremental costs associated with car, engine, transportation (it's already in the hauler), and the skeleton crew to service a start and park would have minimal cost. If I remember, he mostly ran it close to Charlotte, again, reducing costs.
Start park cars work well when you have multiple car that make the field. One hauler, one crew, quarter of the fuel and tire (both cars included) bill while getting 2 payouts. Thats why Robby pulls out 2 cars at track that he is confident he has a well prepared car and a good set up. If you only have 1 car and plan to start and park you need a decent sponsor. No doubt about it.
half the sked. in Cup and run full Score would be good enough for me, but that's just me and i don't make the calls, but that's still alot of bucks.
Giving the past history and opening a new marketing area in Australia for the new Speed Energy Drink, why not pick up Marcus A. for the not so fun races? He is a likable guy and seems to have some talent.
that $100,000 engine will last a few races if all you do is qualify with it. I think the S&P model does work, especially if you already have a shop. Nemechek seems to be doing it successfully.

I'm starting a campaign for RGM to run the Baltimore GP next year (since I'll be there.) After driving there the last few weeks I can testify the drivers there need an energy drink desperately.
speed on a monster truck
Need to actually run the monster truck at events. 1st quarter Monster Jam events are booked/booking now, and wouldn't begin interfering with his NASCAR schedule until February.
If will take a good 6 to 12months if not longer to get the product up and going and at
least 2 years to have a market. so i wouldnt' count on money from the energy drink to
pay for a whole year in Nascar, he will be lucky to support the races he wants to run in next year. Give it 3 to 5 years, then count the profits.
Doubt this means anything for RGM but Justin Marks who is a awesome road racer and is a current ARCA driver tweeted "Probably the coolest vehicle I've ever seen... http://plixi.com/p/54591311 "

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service