Nascar makes changes for 2013...what other change would you want?

First, I'm happy to see NASCAR scrapping the Top 35 rule. This rule should have been scrapped years ago. NASCAR hasn't had 50+ entries in quite some time. This was a great move. Not real happy that there's no cap on the Champions Provisional (Only a matter of time until Bill Elliott, Terry Labonte and anyone else qualified will start surafcing on the entry lists, we remember when DW started shotgun many times with that rule). This will atleast put teams back on the same weekend schedule.

I think the Daytona Duels will actually have meaning again (Need to bring back the Pole Award qualifying for the Shootout)

Testing at actual tracks will be a huge plus, even if it's just four sessions

Well, the biggest change I wish NASCAR would make is allowing teams more flexibility to be inventive and creative. The other would be to allow more opportunities for teams to get into The Chase (there getting there, but still keep the little teams out).

Views: 1042

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first thought is I want them to:

no more blacklisting/barring any company/competitor of existing track and/or Nascar sponsors!

Allow more than one, two, three tire suppliers at a race ( no more just Goodyear and yes I remember Hoosier)

Allow drivers/owners who partake in the race receive a substantial discount to the rental fee of merchandise trailers at each track

If there are Nascar Merchandise trailers assure the fans that ALL 43 drivers will have their merchandise available for sale at those trailers

Allow for sale hot pass garage (not pit pass) passes for the fans and not just available for sponsors

at Nascar.com Raceview/Pit Command/Scanner/Radio be available for all the classes (Truck, Nationwide & Cup) during their practices, qualifying and races at a fee, but an option

Stream free online each series races and not racebuddy, but equivalent to what Indy is providing

If a race team wins more than two type tracks in a row than that is an automatic R & D inspection, if car fails, after appeal the driver/owner looses both wins!

Each team is limited to 4 cars only and is to include subcontracted teams (example if Hendrick were to give Stewart 2 car chassis, specs, notes, etc, then he is only allowed two cars in the Hendrick garage)

No more showing only the "popular" drivers during a race. The directors of these broadcasts are banking on what they show the "fans" is what the "fans" want, when it's really what the sponsors of a show race want. How many of us have been to race only to be horrified that the family in front of us left their seats to go buy digger apparel! If a tv show shows us those wacky Waltrip brothers than more viewers will buy into the subliminal bullcrap that they actually like those wacky waltrip or loud wallaces!

No more inside connections for tv! If the commentators or pit road bobbleheads have a vested interest in any team, owner, driver, sponsor or are vying for a position for themselves or family member on any team than sayonara!

If any track does not have very good attendance and great ratings then that track will be limited to one race a year to be reviewed after the following year if things stay the same then the track must add a chicane!

At least one road race is to be added in the chase

Points race at Eldora.

Some new tracks would make it way more interesting, New Hampshire makes me want to stop watching NASCAR.

Yet NH was the closest to selling out than any other track this year, for both races. It's not the track, it's the tv broadcast. Good races to watch live.

Too bad and this is maybe the biggest NASCAR problem, they have gone way too corporate.

The choice of tracks is definitely a major part of the too corporate aspect of NASCAR.

In a nutshell nascar's biggest problem IS nascar

The BIGGEST CHANGE that could be made in line and consideration with the fact they are not changing anything would be a NAZICAR owned and operated wind tunnel facility where each team gets X amount of time per chassis. In my humble opinion the money spent by high dollar operations such as Hendrick on wind tunnel shit far and away sets them apart from guys with good engines such as the 78 ........as an example. Closing that topic, taking the hand cuffs off potential sponsors that are outside the fence from official nashole this and official nashole that might bring money in to get more teams up to speed perhaps.......if it don't gravitate to the big teams to be just more cash to outspend everyone else. Oh here's a thought, stop waving the Fu....the yellow everytime a guy gets a little side ways or ......."Oh he brushed the wall the poor baby .......time for our commercial cash register to ring" That is not racing. Hey I love the gear rule thing there mentioned, it could go back to $$$$$$$ resources however. The spoilers clear yes the ugly side fin as well. But.......However.....and the specticle to end all specticles, race in the rain on road courses and race on dirt.

Agree with the exclusive sponsorship deals. I can undestand Sprint being a title sponsor, but every other category needs to wide open!

Pretty sad when they can't even fill half the seats at their "home track" for a chase race.

Makes that giant Tv screen look like a fools toy

i say 3 sets of tires for the weekend and no spoiler that will eliminate any hp issues

IMO...SuperV8 is a great series. Maybe a US version.....of course that probably would not work for many reasons.It would be fun to...Take the family to watch, or watch on the box at home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyyh5mbWLXc Great race to watch..

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service