Nascar makes changes for 2013...what other change would you want?

First, I'm happy to see NASCAR scrapping the Top 35 rule. This rule should have been scrapped years ago. NASCAR hasn't had 50+ entries in quite some time. This was a great move. Not real happy that there's no cap on the Champions Provisional (Only a matter of time until Bill Elliott, Terry Labonte and anyone else qualified will start surafcing on the entry lists, we remember when DW started shotgun many times with that rule). This will atleast put teams back on the same weekend schedule.

I think the Daytona Duels will actually have meaning again (Need to bring back the Pole Award qualifying for the Shootout)

Testing at actual tracks will be a huge plus, even if it's just four sessions

Well, the biggest change I wish NASCAR would make is allowing teams more flexibility to be inventive and creative. The other would be to allow more opportunities for teams to get into The Chase (there getting there, but still keep the little teams out).

Views: 1042

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GET RID OF THE STUPID CHASE FORMAT ! Go back the the way it was in the old days . Bring back Alan Kulwicki , Dale Sr , Davey Allison , Tim Richmond , JD McDuffie , Richie Evans and all the greats we've lost .

The pole award is how you get into the 2013 Shootout.

They feel that the new qualifying format will make S&P cars race the entire race because the provisionals go by where the team is in points...

My thoughts on that are the Top 35/36 cars on speed each week (barring a rare qualifying crash) are usually the Top 35/36 in points anyway & if one of those top cars would crash thus needing a provisional (where there are an unlimited amount of for the year) then one of the slower S&P cars would move up into the locked-in-on-speed spot anyway.

If there was 50 to 60 cars showing up each week maybe it'd work the way they think it'd work but on average this year (including this weekend) there have only been 45 cars showing up per race & with the new bodies & chassis modifications for next year I suspect that number won't grow to the point this new qualifying format will be useful.

I disagree somewhat...Danica Patrick (or any other driver that struggles the first 3 races) will be in trouble. Could see the old buying a team for the weekend (pianting the TBR #36 lime green w/ GoDaddy.com stickers) for the weekend. That will happen eventually again.

Limit teams to 6 engines for the season.
Eliminate past champion provisional.
With the exception Daytona 500 & Coke 600, no race over 300 miles.
Narrow tire width 1.5".
Raise rear spoiler 1", increase angle 10 degrees and reduce width to no wider than bottom rear glass.

Can you change engines during the race, if you are under you limit of 6?
The spoiler needs to be clear.

Use your allotted 6 engines however you want but once they're used up and the team needs a 7th, etc. engine then the driver and owner incur a grid penalty, point penalty and fine. The grid penalty wouldn't be as big a deal as a point penalty, which should be equal to maximum possible points awarded for a race.

I agree on the clear spoiler.

go back to the origonal size of the fuel cell.......this saving fuel is a bunch of BS.

Give teams a choice of two or three rear end gears - gamble on fuel mileage, or speed.
Offer more than one tire compound - soft for grip, hard for durability.
Give some teams things to gamble on. Smaller teams might have a chance against big teams by taking a gamble on an unconventional setup.

Great suggestions, Alan.

+1

a grave site marked helton/france or long term admission for then both in a mental hospital

Best idea yet !

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service