DW Cale Yarborough Ritchie Evans Glen Wood and Dale Inman are the next class to be inducted into the NASCAR Hall Of Fame . What do you all think ? Good choices ? Bad choices ? or dont give a damn lol

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Kevin, I foresee the bragging from from/about 'Jaws' to be relentless till he pass's.Imagine every broadcast starting was 'our hall of fame driver 'mouth''.Thank goodness for volume control.
Agreed with everyone's sentiments about people still in the sport, but you have to remember that this HOF just started 3 years ago. While this "sport" was running 50-60 something years ago, the other sports (NBA, NFL, MLB etc) were formed well before it and already had a "HOF" class (or being close to it). NASCAR is playing catch-up right now and I don't blame them for putting in the people they did in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd class. Look at all the other sports, there are still people active within their sports who are in their respected HOF (announcers, owners and coaches).

As for this years class I am a big fan of Richie Evans. I was the youngest in his fan club before his unfortunate accident and seeing my father cry when they announced him into the HOF was something to see. I didn't think he would get in this early so I respect the voters and would give them a pat on the back for not just making it the "Cup" HOF. I gotta find some more information of when he beat Cale at Daytona...
Benny Parsons being one of the nominees this last round should be in next round....I guess. I've not been to the hall which I guess doubles a museum right? DW will from what I understand have a double LP recording of his acceptance speech with a bonus 45 RPM of diggers Adventures in the first 25 pressings (a real collectors item). I think it will fit on two CDs'. But in all seriousness from a stand point of it being part museum and never been there I take it there are displays of folks who are not really "Official inductees"? In this regard folks like Ricky Rudd (as an owner driver for so long) Banjo Mathews (I need not go into his contributions from a car building aspect) and such are represented somehow right? I mean even with all the stuff that's there they don'y expect folks to travel all the way there for 15 recognized folks? In the end stopping at a roadside fruit stand and only picking 5 pieces of fruit out of the 10-15 that you should grab is a tough choice, so i'll take option C and for all I said here I guess in truth is I don'y care. 7:10 AM and my boss is already drinking...... they'll let anybody up in this tower......wooaaahhh that was close, perhaps colored smoke to show if you are coming or going.
Keep your wings clipped
and GAS ON and this week get it all in!!
Who gives a F%*K anyway, hall of fames are for famous people, who did something good, duh, I won 200 races because i have more money and sponsors than anybody else, am I wrong here ?
No.................and that's why Banjo Mathews should be in there. Not a money thing a skill thing.
I think these are good choices,Dale Inman for sure... the only one with EIGHT championships

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service