Yea I know its kinda a surprise that I'm the 1 who would be starting this discussion since I ain't exactly the biggest fan of them . Just wanted to see how many are watching Preseason Thunder . Gotta admit the new cars look ultra sharp . They even mentioned Robby once talking about last years Dodge teams and them being gone . Only the 2 teams were affected ( Penske and RGM ) by the loss of Dodge .

Views: 984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hope Ambros can make a dent in the establishment, I for one will miss seeing Robby out there.

+1

Yeah would be good to see Ambrose do good . I'm a big Ford guy so he's 1 of the guys I root for

Just saw on twitter that Tommy Baldwin Racing will be running the #7 in the Cup series for the full season. Dave Blaney will be the driver.

For those that don't know Tommys father "Tiger" Tom Baldwin drove the #7 (later #7ny) for most of his legendary career in the NASCAR Modified series as well as regional Modified series/tracks here in the Northeast.

Here is a picture of the number font that the team is using.

No idea if it was a "friendly transfer or hostile takeover" of the number from RGM but assuming (hoping) it was a friendly transfer that puts the current lineage at; Alan Kulwicki Racing (1987) -> Geoff Bodine Racing -> Ultra Motorsports -> Robby Gordon Motorsports -> Tommy Baldwin Racing.

I like Dave Blaney from his World of Outlaws days.

Just looking through the stats and came across an interesting little tidbit.

In 2004 Dave drove a single Cup race for Ultra Motorsports in the #7 car. Also throughout the entire history of the Cup series there have only been 3 drivers that have driven the #07, #7 & #77 (basically all variations of the number not including triple-digits), they are Dave Blaney, Ted Musgrave & P.J. Jones.

Good let someone else run that. No NASCAR. SST all in.

So, Danica got the #7...

She's in the 10 car.

I think she was...

Baldwin car at Charlotte test

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service