Jan 9th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 8 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 8 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 2nd in stage 7 & Nasser Al Attiyah finished 1st. Cars begin stage 7 at 8:40am/et (10:40am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 8 TRACKING

STAGE 8: Copiapo > Antofagasto

Connection 245km | Special Stage 477km | Total 722km

COURSE OVERVIEW

At this stage of the competition, the number of contenders for the title will be reduced to a small handful in each category. But despite the significant number of kilometres to be covered, this first stage after the rest day should not be relied on to create decisive gaps. The rally's longest special stage will be used to allow the competitors to get back into the pace of the competition. On the stone-covered tracks which will lead to Antofagasta, the pace will be rather intense, but this will not prevent the drivers from catching sight of some magnificent views.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 8885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Ron, it may be possible to talk to Nasser before he even pasted him.....If it was a serious problem RG would have stopped...maybe...haha

I don't think they are able to talk maybe hand signal but it seemed to fast for that I say its every man for his self at this point As in all things in life the money is always first

The signal would have been Nasser or his co-driver waiving thier arms if they thought they needed help. They were well aware Robby was coming up behind them.

With Robby in 3rd overall (at the time) no way will he just stop to ask if they need help, not with the 300 being so far down on time.

Could they posible now the problem before hi pass Nasser?, maybe team radio? RG said: "we change altternator on the rest day and suggested Nasser to do tha same, he didnt".

for the members that watch Nascar,Robby knows what is going on all the way round the track-great track presents

No kidding. It's funny to listen to Robby call out everyones issues on the scanner.

Just got home from work, First thing I do is check the scoring pylon (hoping for the best) AND IT WAS.

I doubt it if theres tension, Nassers winning stages, how perfect is that for RGM!!! As somebody on another thread said, this is a perfect example of what RGM can do for any possible future drivers. If somebody wants to win in 2013, the RGM hummers are the way to go.

Then he better get a T4 because there will be no water boy

wow

For those that read that post here is a BMW 1200RS. Very nice but heavy bike.

Not as nice as my 1992 Yamaha XT225 though!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service