Jan 9th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 8 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 8 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 2nd in stage 7 & Nasser Al Attiyah finished 1st. Cars begin stage 7 at 8:40am/et (10:40am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 8 TRACKING

STAGE 8: Copiapo > Antofagasto

Connection 245km | Special Stage 477km | Total 722km

COURSE OVERVIEW

At this stage of the competition, the number of contenders for the title will be reduced to a small handful in each category. But despite the significant number of kilometres to be covered, this first stage after the rest day should not be relied on to create decisive gaps. The rally's longest special stage will be used to allow the competitors to get back into the pace of the competition. On the stone-covered tracks which will lead to Antofagasta, the pace will be rather intense, but this will not prevent the drivers from catching sight of some magnificent views.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 8885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby could see they where working on the belt, IMO

Yeah probably have a hand signal worked out if they need help or not. There is some tension there with the Nasser is in charge of his car comments. Johny's comments around the 2:29 mark of the Bivouac video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsWnAXHV6ZQ) eludes to Robby being easy on the 303 and "other drivers" not,

Ron, I Agree 100%

And the Red Bull in Nassers hand shows his respect for what he has been given.

Just My Opinion.

Flip it around and look at it this way. He paid a team named after a competitors energy drink knowing he would have to somehow explain that to RB. That tells you how much he respects the chance to drive a Hummer. Like when BJ drove one when he was sponsored by General Tire.

My real issue has nothing to do with RB vs Speed.
I am sorry if that is the way it was taken.
I see a respect issue overall and as Robby said in the interview, "He said he wants to make the decissions on his car so Let him make them".
I am a Robby fan as are you and I realize he has rented a car to Nasser not Hired him to drive.
I just hope all legal issues work out in favor of RGM.
That is all I am saying.

Once again I am sorry if I have offended anyone just calling things as I see them.

Carl, Like it or not Nasser is a Red Bull driver. He has a contract he has to abide by it with them. Trust me the Qatar check makes up for any issues having a RB can in a video or two

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Profile/Nasser-al-Attiya...

I do understand that fact.
I have refrained from making comments that would or could be deemed detrimental to the best of my ability.
I just seem to see a bit of tension building up.
Sorry if anyone is offended.

No offense taken.. I am in the Cable TV/internet business and I buy bandwith from my direct competitor and use it to compete against them. I also buy transport from another cable company and I compete head to head with them. It's just business.

is that why your tracking is ahead of mine/everyone elses? ;-)

No offense here

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service