Jan 7th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 4 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 4 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a respectable 15th place finish in stage 3. The rally moves into Chile, and the Gordini should be very strong in the Atacama Desert. The special section of Stage 4 is 315km long. Robby Gordon start time: 1:11pm/et. Gordon sits 40th in the overall standings, 4h24m behind. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally.

2015 Stage 3 Photos

STAGE 4 TRACKING

STAGE 4: CHILECITO > COPIAPO

Connection 594km | Special Stage 315km | Total 909km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors will have to prove they are worthy of entering Chile! A very early start and a climb to a height of 4,800 metres will precede the border crossing at Paso San Francisco. The really challenging section will begin with a gradual warm-up on the mining tracks, before drivers are faced with the reality of the Atacama Desert. The route here is open and sandy. Over the course of the last 40 kilometres, the giant dunes and basins of Copiapo will have to be tackled and for many this will be at night. Overcoming them will require finesse and instinct.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 44991

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RG to go at 11 mins past the hour.

Roughly when the front cars get to wp1

And I have to leave to drive up to Sacramento to a dentist appt.
That sucks but on the bright side maybe if I am out Robby will win the stage.

that was bad planning

and I leave Elk Grove at 11:30 to go to work in Berkeley.

5 min till

you're right, I mis-read it!

So #164 Narino DNS??

125 have shown left out of 139, he was scheduled 126

the tool is on scene early! whaddya say gang

Riiiight you'r not a morning guy huh !!? =)

early?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service