Jan 7th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had more vapor lock issues during stage 2, and now finds himself over 3h45m behind. The cars are scheduled to begin the 433km special section at 9:00am/et, Robby Gordon will be the 30th car off the line, beginning his stage at 9:52am/et.

2014 Stage 2 Photos

STAGE 3 TRACKING

STAGE 3: SAN RAFAEL > SAN JUAN

Connection 295km | Special Stage 301km | Total 596km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The competitors of the 2014 Dakar will experience their first taste of the mountains by passing through the Pre-Andes. The Aconcagua Volcano stands 6,962m high and will observe the progress of the vehicles, of which a part will rehearse their high mountain driving techniques. The motorcyclists will climb up 4,300 metres during their special stage, on a ridgeline where they will have the impression of towering over the whole of America! The descent will bring them back to the tough reality of the drivers of the Dakar, as they will only have finished the first part of this marathon stage. They will have to ensure the mechanics for their own vehicles at the isolated bivouac which has been set up for them.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 35829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First chance to sit in looks like the whole tracking/scoring/chat........fan involvment is Kaputt...?

Or cars have not started or started scoring ...I'm in the dark.

13:32 Cars: Roma on form after 164 km

Although the positions are very provisional after 164 km of the car and truck special, Nani Roma is in great shape with a total time of 2:03’41'. Orlando Terranova is second 2’37' behind, followed by third-placed Nasser Al-Attiyah with the same time. In fourth, Carlos Sainz is 8’11' behind Roma and the fifth placed driver Stéphane Peterhansel trails by 15’28'.

Chaleco just arrived 13:56 minutes off Barreda Bort

You are getting a lot better updates than I.

Just geting the info from Radio Maray.

They re saying the 13:56 is unofficial cause posible Chaleco miss CP2. Standing by...

Depress arrived aprox 3 min off Chaleco and Coma arrived couple seconds behind.

6th place provisional for Chaleco Lopez. Still waiting for info.

Yhee top 6 now show as arrived on tracker.

MK..........I thought I heard RG say they were going to go to the old hummer engine fuel system today. If the current fi system is a dead head sys. Then how can RG go back to the old hummer system...I am assuming that because the hummer's motor was a modified LS7 motec was involved in the fuel management......so can they go back to last years system and be legal ? Would RG have to pation the ASO for approval ? I don't see it......

A motor guy I know says that the stock dead head system is junk and the only reason GM uses it is because it's cheep.....and everyone in the engine building community know's it's junk....I am guessing that RG went with this package because of the air restrictions.

I was wondering the same thine GTX.
Will be interesting to find out the ans to this question,

yes,Robby did say that at the end of the footage.I can only guess he got a clarification on the rules.
The Motec engine tuner is there live with the team.In the photo's from the middle of last week,he's the guy with red strips on his sleeves.

YES its JUNK because it wont flow at high rpms because the line pressure is to low, injectors are a compromise to get MPG up.... and the regulator setup is basackwards !!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service