Jan 6th, 2015 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2015 Dakar Rally. After issues with the brakes and a stalled car, Robby Gordon finished 50th in stage 2, and is over 4hrs behind in the overall standings. The special section of Stage 3 is 284km long. Robby Gordon start time: 6:22am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2015 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2015 Stage 1 Photos

STAGE 3 TRACKING

STAGE 3: SAN JUAN > CHILECITO

Connection 258km | Special Stage 284km | Total 542km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The pressure which competitors faced the day before (and late into the night for some of them), will partly ease off on the road to Chilecito. The shorter and less intense stage will allow them to enjoy their majestic surroundings. The red earth tracks, overlooking steep peaks and plunging down into canyons, will take the Dakar through one of the most beautiful regions of Argentina. But no-one should be tempted to sit back and enjoy the view, particularly on the motorcycle and quad bike routes which include some gruelling sections. With thousands of stones to be avoided, it will only take one to ruin this magnificent day!

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 23929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Traxxas Racing just posted this one on twitter.... same bridge?
Saying there's a full album on their FB.

Okay, searched around, these bridge shots are Stage 1.

Just a guy standing on the bridge.

Fernando Llamas on roof

haha

Stage 3 resume is going to start right now in eurosport tv:
http://www.freeintertv.com/View/id-2413

5min resume of the stage, the complete program in about 3h

I don´t know if the link works for the US connection due to the web copyrights

It worked for me. Thanks Javier. It didn't come on until 2:20pmET which was about 15 minutes after the time of your post, but the sports bloopers from the previous show made me laugh while I waited..

I'm not sure if this vid has been posted here but it's well worth a look. Stick with it to the end! http://youtu.be/WSEZoL8YpG8

That was cool,i think they are the russian mini crew

Per Dakar.com

13:41 Cars: Ravages in the car category
34 cars were not able to start this morning, including the only 100% female crew on the Dakar, the pink Isuzu 4x4 Isuzu driven by Catherine Houlès and Sandrine Ridet.

Strike out 25% of the entry in one stage yesterday.

Their math isn't so great, I do believe it's more than that... by their lists for stage 3, only 88 started... so far 85 to CP1 and 74 currently in at ASS.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service