Jan 5th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 3 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 22nd in Stage 2, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 33rd. The special section of Stage 3 is 314km. Robby Gordon start time: 9:42am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 9:51am/et. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2016 Dakar Rally.

2016 Stage 2 Photos

STAGE 3 TRACKING

STAGE 3: TERMAS DE RIO HONDO > SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY

Connection 349km | Special Stage 314km | Total 663km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The format is tighter for the day’s race against the clock... as are the mountain tracks featuring in the special section. Experts in sliding and on the road will be able to showcase their skills here, as long as they stay constantly focused. Those hunting down the leaders will be on high alert during this route, which has been designed for opportunists. But the programme could also be transformed by any rain: even the strongest competitors do not necessarily perform well on heavy ground.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 24181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yep

I just set my clock

Cool. I'm in Orlando this week. Something to distract me.

Im in as long as I can get in!

for what it's worth, the circus is following the rain North, no real break in the forecast till Friday when they head to Salta

Looking at todays pics, if the mud stays like its shown, the TOYO M/T will work excellent and hook up pretty dam well compared to the tires on most of the Mini's. The pugs are running the BFG, which will also work descent on the type of mud shown. I bet the TOYO's will work better than almost any tire out there that Ive seen to this point.

Well even though it is a long race still being down 27min already it is going to be tough to win overall. However other stages may favor the Gordini's. Also don't forget these are really just WRC tracks they have been running and it doesn't surprise me at all that Loeb is kick ass on these courses. The man is gifted, but I still hope he and all other lose to Robby.

Wrc type doesn't help the peugeots they are fat 2 wheel drive cows .
And notes are not to the taste of Sebastien ( ain't no wrc road book notes !).
The man is good ...
Even Nasser doesn't catch up ( even with his narrower girly cart )
and made 16000 SS kilometers this year !!!! ( there is no typo huh !)

I will miss this kind of speed!! Too bad we will not see it this year. I think if I recall Kellon said they were going 110+.

Attachments:

Wow.. How critical was it to do well on the Prologue!! Last two days if you were not the first 10 on the course the times suffered.. The further back the longer it took..

As usual in Dakar , no ?

Yeah but they always like to say that they didn't want to push it and you can't win it on day one..

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service